Amnesia » 10

listen to trouble by halsey

"set a fire in my head tonight.." The lyrics of her favourite singer went through her mind as she began to pack, throwing all she had into a suitcase. 

She felt pathetic, why was she giving up so early? Why is she doing this to Luke? 

She had to. He didn't want her anymore. Andrea got to him. He wasn't even begging her to stay, he wasn't doing anything. So that was enough motive for her. 

Luke was sat on the couch, his eyebrows furrowed in confusion as he witnessed a few flashbacks.

"I love you.." A younger Luke whispered to the beautiful girl. "Forever?" She asked, biting her lip-a sign of insecurity since she had to question the duration of his love.

"Forever." He promised with a nod, how could he possibly fall out of love with her? She was perfect, she was the only girl he wanted to be with. 

She was the only girl that he could picture a future with and she was his, and he was hers. They were perfect... Were.

Luke could feel tears pool in his eyes and he let them fall, he felt weak and just as pathetic as Evelyn. Was he just going to let her go because he kissed Andrea?

The reason behind the kiss was idiotic, he wanted to see if any memories would come to mind by kissing her, but none did.

Except for one.

"Lukey!" He heard an incredibly fake voice squeal. "I've missed you.." She told him, leaning in for a kiss while he pushed her away.

"Don't you remember?" He asked her, his eyebrows furrowing, 

"Remember what?" She pouted due to the fact he refused to kiss her.

"I'm in relationship. A very healthy one." He smiled to himself, this caused Andrea to roll her eyes. "Please, I'm sure I can make you forget her name in five minutes."

"Doubt it," He said, shoving past her. He would of been an idiot if he jeopardized his relationship with perfection herself. 

He was starting to remember bits an pieces, but not enough. He wanted to remember it all, he so desperately wanted all his memories.

He begged, he pleaded, he cried.

Why? Why do bad things happen to good people? 

That's what Evelyn wanted to know. She never degraded a person, she never made them feel like they met nothing.

Evelyn was a good person, always treated others with the respect they deserved. 

Luke loved that about her, she was once his.

No she had to be his! Luke finally came to a realization, he had to get her to stay.

"Eve!" He cries out, running up to their bedroom.. "Please stay." He whispered, his voice so close to breaking. 

"I want you to stay, please!" He begged. "Please!" He cried out once again. 

"You can't leave me, not when we've been through fire and ice, we can get through this, I know we can!" 

Evelyn listened to everything he had to say, but how could she believe him when he was just kissing Andrea? 

"I didn't kiss her because I like her." He muttered, "I wanted to see if I could remember anything." He explained, but she couldn't believe him.

"That's a stupid reason," She mumbled angrily. 

"I know!" He sighed, looking at her with dewy eyes. 

"I know that I love you though, I know that you're incredibly important to me! I know that you've done so much for me when others would probably leave, but you've stayed and I want to try. I really do, things are just so hard." He told her, finally letting things spill out.

"But I do want this relationship to work, you mean a lot to me and I'm not throwing this away because I had an idiotic idea."

Evelyn was considering it, but she wanted some time. Some time to think over everything but she knew she couldn't leave Luke alone, he could barely remember how to get to their local diner. 

"Okay." She said, looking at him. "I'm going to sound possessive but I don't think you should be around Andrea," he instantly nodded, he'd do anything if she'd stay.

"She's the one ruining everything." She justified why she believed he shouldn't be around her, and he was going to listen and obey.

"Anything you say." He assured her, "I won't contact her in any way."

Evelyn felt bad, Andrea was once his friend, but she was only there for him when things were rough between Evelyn and Luke.

Andrea had a thing for ruining relationships but there was always that one she couldn't.

Luke and Evelyn's they had an inseparable bond and Andrea couldn't break it no matter how hard she tried.

However, she believed that she did after sending that text to Evelyn. 

But they weren't going to end that easily. Andrea would have to try harder, but Evelyn was going to try her best to believe Luke despite him not being in a right state of mind.

"I know I love you." He told her, gently wrapping his arms around Evelyn, his head resting on her shoulder as he pulled her close to him.

"I know you do Luke." She whispered, "You just need to remember." She shrugged, resting her hands on his hands.

"I'm sure I'll get a wave of memories soon." He promised hopefully.

"Yeah... Soon.." She whispered, trying to believe it as well. 

If only Luke knew that it would take a lot of effort for him to remember what they once had. He was willing and that was more than enough for him, he could do it. He knew he could.

Evelyn however still had her doubts, but you couldn't blame her. She was there to help and guide him, she was a loving fiance, and she knew she couldn't leave him. 

Not when they needed each other the most. He made her feel loved and she knew no one else can do what Luke can.

He needed her because she was the only one that could put up with his chaotic life.