Chapter 13: What Happened That Night~ Yoongi

N E V E R M I N D

앞만 보고 달렸지
주위를 둘러 없이
어느새 나는 가족의 자랑이 됐고
어느 정도 성공을 했어

I ran while only looking forward
Without any chance to look around me
At some point I became the pride of my family
And to some extent, I succeeded

"Yoongi," Namjoon called out quietly. From my position on the couch, I would've assumed that he'd get that I'm "asleep".

Reaching down, he started to shake my shoulder carefully. I couldn't help but feel incredibly upset at him, leaning my face more into the cushion.

And no, it wasn't because he was waking me up.

He must've sensed my movement because he sighed disappointedly, his feet padding against our creaky floors. As he exited the living room I sighed at myself, wondering why we were acting so immaturely. Giving up the thought, I turned to lay flat on my back as my eyes closed again.

"AHA, I KNEW YOU WEREN'T ASLEEP!" Namjoon exclaimed as he hopped out from the hallway, running at full speed to the couch.

I've never screamed so loud in my life, my first instinct leading me to throw a cushion at Namjoon. However, my odd position resulted in my toss being low, his body tumbling down as his foot slipped on it. Silence filled the living room, the tension causing the room to swell.

"What the hell are you doing, Yoongi?!" Namjoon fumed, his face turning red as he began to pick himself up off the ground. I looked at him incredulously, my anger hitting its boiling point.

그때부터 신경 썼지 누가 뭐라든지
그저 꼴린대로 소신대로 살아갈
니가 보기엔 지금 어떨 같냐
내가 보기엔 어떨 같아?

From that time I didn't care, no matter what anyone said
I'd only live for my interests and my passions
From your point of view how am I doing now?

"What the hell, me? No Namjoon, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!" I screamed, my throat burning from jumping into such a state. He visibly softened, his frame beginning to cower in front of me.

"Yoong-" He started, trying to speak before I gave my two cents, but I wouldn't give him the satisfaction.

"What, now you're gonna apologize? That's really cute." I seethed, poison laced into my words. I saw him take a step backward, out of what I'm not sure.

"It's been a week, Namjoon. We aren't those people, okay? If you wanted to blow off dinner that night, you could've just said so." I sighed, trying to get my emotions together as my mind attempted to pinpoint why I was so angry at all of this. Why I was so mad at him.

Before I could sense his movement, he ran to me, his large arms engulfing me into a hug. His arms wrapped around my shoulders, his head buried into my right shoulder.

"I'm sorry Yoongi. I was scared of telling you that I was sorry because I was so embarrassed. You won't believe me when I say this, but time literally got away from me." Namjoon raced, worried that I would shake him off.