Chapter 2: Identities Revealed

"M-Marinette?" He stuttered, picking me up from the ground and placing my head on his lap. I slowly opened my eyes, only to see Adrien. I saw tears sliding down his cheeks and onto my face and neck. I smiled weakly.

     "A-Adri-" 

     "Why? Why did you do that Marinette?! Why would you jump in front of me, only to get hurt?!" 

     "I-I couldn't l-let you get hurt... B-Because... I l-love you." I tried to speak clearly but failed. After my confession, I heard cackling in the background. He mumbled something I couldn't make out, but then ended up transforming into Cat Noir.

     "Hahaha! Oh Ladybug! Or should I say Marinette Dupain-Cheng? It's a shame you got hit with my powerful lightning bolt. You could've saved yourself and not interfered with my plans. But oh well! I'm sorry it had to come to this, I really am. But I can't have anyone standing in my way and destroying my gateway to REVENGE! And don't worry, once you are ready to fight, I'll be here to DESTROY YOU!" She cackled once more, sounding just like the Wicked Witch of the West from the Wizard of Oz movie. Adrien growled in anger as she ran off, turning to her.

     "A-Adrien?" I asked him. He quickly turned back to me, giving me all the attention.

     "You need to get to the hospital!" He stood up and got ready to run to the hospital with me in his arms. But before I could, I grabbed his arm. I tried to speak the best I could to my ability.

 "N-No Adrien... Just leave me here... I'm almost out of time anyway... Forget about me and live your life." Adrien opened his mouth to respond but then closed it, running across the rooftops.

Time Skip

Adrien's P.O.V.

 "How is she doctor?!" I asked the doctor as he and a few nurses stepped out of the room. 

 "She is fine, she has a wound from the lightning strike on her right side and her arm is injured. You can see her now if you want. She is awake." The doctor flipped through the paper clipped to the clipboard in his hand. I sighed in relief. As soon as I heard she was awake, I ran inside her room, watching her turn her head and body to look at me. She smiled brightly.

 "Kitty..." I grinned. I ran to her, hugging her. I could feel her hands touch my back, at first, she was hesitating, but then embraced me with the same amount of force and gripped onto my leather suit. I purred while rubbing my head against her shoulder, but then stopped.

A/N: Thx for reading! I'm going to have to stop it here since the connection isn't very good right now! Sorry! But I still hope you enjoyed reading this chapter/part. I will continue it later today or tomorrow. I probably can't continue it on Wednesday since it will be the 4th of July and my mom's birthday!!! So... yeah! Thx for reading!

              ~miraculous668