Chapter 8

" You did what?!" Lana yelled.

I shushed her.

We were at a small dinner , having breakfast.

I explained everything that happened and she looked stern. Not happy but understanding where I was coming from.

" Ugh, such a waste." She sighed.

I chuckled.

" You would have done the same thing."

She shook her head. " I don't think so. He just did one mistake and your broke it off with him."

I furrowed my eyebrows. " A mistake which could eventually harm my son." I said angrily.

Her eyes went wide and she gulped.

" Sorry."

I sighed and shook my head.

" Look, he was really into you that's what I mean. They way he looked at you would make the whole world jealous."

" Too late for that. Coda is alway first and he knew it and he accepted it."

She sighed and nodded.

" Does Coda know?"

" I didn't tell him. He saw what happened yesterday , he doesn't need it."

Lana put her hands on mine.

" Iris , don't take this the wrong way but.... You are over protective off him. I know it's out of love but Iris , how will he learn?"

I kept silent. Knowing well what she was saying.

" I don't know what I'm doing Lana. But I just want to protect my son from harm." I said putting my hand over my eyes.

She sighed. " It's a normal Iris. But sometimes from harm , you learn to grow and be more strong out of it. You experienced it first hand."

I nodded.

" He is a very smart kid. He probably knows everything." I said.

She chuckled softly.

" Yeah , probably."

----------------------------------------------------

After that day , Coda didn't ask about anything. He knew quite well.

He kept making me play the violin though.

Blaine thought that maybe this is the way he knows how to help me.

And he was right.

I kept playing the violin and the piano and my pain diminished.

After a couple of months , Coda was playing so much better than he was before. He is going to perform at the end of the scholastic year in two months time.

I couldn't be anymore proud than I am. Before the recital , he will need constant training. And he's more excited about the training rather than the recital itself.

" Coda we have 8 weeks to make you Mozart."

We were sitting in the kitchen with a calendar in hand.