Chapter 14

The recital went out perfectly , he didn't waver this time , he went on stage like a king and played like an angel. This time he played songs by Yiruma , a composer with gives you shivers just my listening to the first notes. Coda played two of my favorite songs by Yiruma, River flows in you and Kiss the rain. He played with so much emotion that I couldn't breath. Jace's parents were paralyzed , looking at their grandson , they didn't even blink , thinking they would miss something. After he was finished , they screamed so loud that Coda blushed and waved to them.

I never thought that meeting Jace's and Ace's parents would be so amazing. At first I thought it was going to be awkward but when Jace's mother saw me she hugged me to her , telling me how sorry she is about what I've been through. Jace's mother was beautiful , her hair was a beautiful shade of brown and her eyes were the same colour as Jace's is. Looking at her , would calm any insecurity in a person, not only because she was beautiful but also because she is so calm and collected that she calmed any insecurities I had. Jace's father was also a very handsome man , he looked stern at first but he was soft around the eyes , he hugged me to him thanking me for all I have done. He looked like Ace , especially his eyes. I think I get it know where they get there handsomeness from. Both their parents are so blinding that people kept staring at them. I'm thankful Coda has their genes not mine.

When it was time for the party everyone cheered and ate to their hearts content.

But me and Coda had a surprise planned.

He looked at me and I winked.

I got up and stepped near the piano.

" Ladies and Gentleman , Coda Blythe has a special performance planned for everyone. This performance is for everyone in this room. I want to thank my friends for being there every step of the way , for Ace who took his life into his own hands and for loving his son they way his son needed. I want to thank Monique and George for giving birth to two amazing sons who changed my life forever and thank you for not making this situation awkward."

They chuckled.

" And finally , I want to thank Jace for loving me , even if I was a person who wasn't ready to be loved. You stayed with me even when I pushed you away and for that I thank you more than anything. I want to thank you for believing in me and for loving me."

He smiled softly and his eyes glossed over.

I looked down at Coda and nodded.

He hit the first notes and I sang to it.

I'm not very confident about my singing but for this once , I need to convey my feelings with music like my son does. This song is the perfect song to express my feeling for every person in this room.

After I finished , everyone was looking at me with wide eyes.

Jace got up and came in front of me.

" Why didn't you tell me you could sing like that ?"

I blushed.

" I'm not that good."

He snorted.

" You gave the earth chills."

I nudged him and he hugged me.

Everyone came to hug me and Coda.

It was a moment to remember.