9

Alex -

I was finally released three months later, to my great relief, 'finally out of that dread filled hospital' I told, waiting for Jade to pick me up from the waiting lot, 'I know! No more hospital food!' Kelic cried out, jumping around, tail wagging; Jake's car pulled up, her speakers blasting, I got into the car, cringing at how loud it was, "how are you doing my friend!" Jade exclaimed, turning the music down, "other than how my ears are ringing, I'm fine as long I remember to take my meds," I replied, buckling my seat belt, as Jade drove off, and out on the streets, "that's good to hear, when will you be able to go back to school, the festival is a month away, and you still need to take the exams," Jade said, stopping at the red light, "uhh, don't remind me ..." I groaned, already thinking about all the things I need to get ahead of, "don't worry my friend, I'll let you in all the things that's been happening for months," Jade reassured, as I shifted against the leather.

Jade parked her car in the garage of her parents vivid purple house, "my parents are really excited about you joining us, so be warned, they'll feed you in till you pop or throw up," Jade chuckled, helping me out the car and into the house, "Jade! Is that you!" A shrill voice called out somewhere in the house, "yea mom, and I have Alex with me too!" Jade yelled back, taking off her boots, me doing the same with my slippers; a tall thin woman came out of the kitchen, beaming brightly at me, "Alex! I'm so glad your ok, Jade told me what happened, and don't worry, no one on the council knows yet," Jade's mother chided, giving me a gentle hug, not wanting to irritate my injuries, "thanks Mrs. N, and I see your making steak," I said, eyeing the food, "yes I am, and the food will be ready in an hour or less, so you two find something to do, and Jade, your father wants you to take out the garbage before he gets off of work," Mrs. N said before returning into the kitchen.

Jade led the way into her room, setting down my stuff, "I'll be right back, I need to take out the trash," Jade grumbled, before disappearing; I laid down, staring straight up into the dark purple ceiling, 'they must really like purple' Kelic said lazily, 'yea, they must really do' I said sadly, a unwanted thought coming into mind, 'what's wrong Alex?' Kelic asked, ears perking up, 'do we have to go back ... to them' I said, snuggly into the covers, closing my eyes, 'let's not worry about that, we will eventually figure things out' Kelic said, as Jade came back, arms full with CD's, "let's blast some classic rock!" Jade exclaimed, hoping over to her stereo.

Ghost Town Started blasting, as Jade started to badly dance around, "you look ridiculous J," I chuckled in amusement, as Jade tried to do whip, but failing, "come on Alex, don't be such a debby downer!" Jade exclaimed, now doing the Stanky leg, "why I'm a best friends with you," I said dramatically, sitting up to watch her, "because we're related, in a spiritual level .... I think," Jade said confusing herself, now horribly twerking, "no! Stop, don't do that, you don't even have a ass!" I yelled, covering my eyes playfully, "hey! Look at Miley Cyrus, she doesn't have anything in the trunk, but still does it, so watch me bitch!" Jade said, continuing to twerk.

We eventually got bored, now waiting to be called for dinner, "Alex? Are you going back?" asked Jade, eyeing the ceiling, "I don't want to, but I don't know where to go," I said honestly, feeling her eyes on me, "you can always stay here, I don't want you any where near that place, you were lucky this time, but what about next time, I don't want to lose you," she said, grabbing a hold of my hand, "thank you, just let me think about it," I told her, no longer wanting to talk about it.

-

A/N: it's been awhile since I updated this, but now I'm going to be working on this story, so my other stories will be on hold, but don't worry I'm not discontinuing anything.