20

Alex -

I watched as they sleep, not daring to make a peep, not wanting to be asked questions, afraid my emotions will get the best of me; I looked away from Luna, feeling sick to my stomach, at the overwhelming feeling of being so close to my mate after many years of being away from her, ‘Kelic … are you there’ I asked, hoping she was feeling better, ‘I'm here … just w-well from all that silver’ Kelic replied, calming my nerves a bit, ‘we can't stay long … we must leave immediately’ Korac cut in, ‘bu-’ ‘he's right Alex, we can't get our friends involved l, specially our mate, they’ll use her against us’ said Kelic, cutting me off, and I knew they were right, I can't stay here, I MUST keep moving.

The moon shone brightly through the window, taking my breath away at the sight, but I still got up, checking on the people I'll be leaving behind again; I walked quietly to door, keeping my heart beat low, so Jade won't pick, but before I could open the door, a pair of arms wrapped around my torso, getting the familiar shocks running through my body, “please … please don't leave,” Luna’s voice cracked, making my heart clench in pain, I wanted to turn around and hold her in my arms, and never let go, but I have to, if put her in danger, I'll never forgive myself, “I won't let you go, do you know how much pain you me through, to us … I can't… I won't let you let you, not again,” Luna cried softly, hugging me tighter, I wanted to run, to get away from the addicting warmth that Luna was emitting, but I couldn't move an inch, my body slowly relaxing into her, my mind going blank.