Chapter 11

(Liam's POV)

My heartbeat began to slow as I carefully led Sophia out of the Dumpster. I took her hand. 

So delicate. 

So fragile.

I don't even know what I would do without her. Times were hard when I met her. Countless hoards of screaming fans, shows everynight, and the seemingly never ending demand for new material. She showed me a way out, a glimmer of hope.  

I guess  you could say I was depressed. 

Every night I would stare out my window at the stars, the moonlight shining over the bed, just wanting a way out, yearning for it. Don't get me wrong, I loved playing with the boys, but I hated what came with it. 

But then I'd roll over, and take Sophia into my arms, and it would all go away.

She was my way out, my escape.

"Liam, are you alright?" She asked, snapping me back to reality. 

"I'm fine. You?" I held her closer. "I'm good." She replied.

"I love you, you know that right?" I asked. 

"Of course. Me too." She sounded so tired.

"Is that all of them?" She asked. Her voice slightly shaken.

I reached for the pistol in my pocket, but it was gone. 

"Shit." I exclaimed. "My pistol's in the room."

I looked around. 

Carcasses littered the ground. Brains and gore everywhere. No matter what, I don't think anyone could ever get used to this. The smell was unbearable.

My eyes kept scanning until it stopped upon a monster in front of us. It's struggling, decaying body clawed at the ground, desperately trying to get up, it's lower torso completely in half. 

It's brain exploded into a million pieces as I heard the sound of a gunshot. Some dead tissue landed on my shirt.

My stomach began to churn, and I turned around to throw up in the dumpster. 

"You alright mate?" After stabilizing myself I looked up to see Louis, standing on the second floor, lowering his gun.

Eleanor stood closely behind him,  clutching his arm.

"For now." I replied. "How about the others?" 

"I'm not sure." Louis said. "Where's Sophia?" 

I turned around. She was gone. 

My blood ran cold as I started to panic. Where had she gone?

"LIAMMM HELP!" She screamed.

"Mate?" Louis yelled.

I didn't answer him. All I cared about was Sophia. 

I turned the corner, and there she stood, screaming in pain, an unmentionable clinging to her neck. 

My ears began to ring, as I noticed what was unfolding before me. Not my Sofia. No. NO. NO.

"LIAAM! PLEASE!" I ran towards her, reaching for her. She fell to the ground. The monster got on top of her, and started gnawing on her stomach. 

"AAAAAAHHGHSGH!" The monster stopped and stared at me, it's cold eyes pierced my heart.  Blood trickling down it's dead muscle tissue, I kicked it off my Sophia, and stomped until it made no noise. 

I wiped my face clean of sweat and blood, and kneeled next to Sophia. 

Tears filled my eyes, as I was too late.

Rage overtook me. Getting up, I examined the dead carcass that had attacked my Sophia.

I began to stomp even more, letting out my pain. Rivers of blood filled the cracked concrete below. 

It was all my fault. If I had only paid attention... 

"I Love you.."

KICK.

"...you know that..."

KICK.

"...right?"

KICK.

She was fine just seconds ago, I held her hand just seconds ago...

I dropped to the ground, and buried my face into Sophia's chest, sobbing. 

I pulled her into my arms. 

Her skin, pale and damaged still glittered in the light. Just like it had done under the moon. 

let her down. 

"Mate?" Louis and Eleanor approached.

Eleanor screamed as she saw what lay before her. "Sophia!" Tears poured down her pink cheeks. 

"Oh man... I'm so sorry." Louis' muttered in a raspy, hoarse tone. Eleanor wrapped her arms around his waist, and he recipricated. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note:

Hello everyone! I know it's been a VERY long time, and as always I do apologize. I've had writer's block for a while, and just haad lost interest in the boys for a few months. But now, I've gained it back, and am excited to continue. How about you guys give me some motivation?

-5 comments

-8 votes

If that happens I'll update sooner! I just want to know what you guys think, and what should be improved! 

Love you all. Expect update asap, with Evelyn's P.O.V. [which means more Harry :) ]

-Ella <3