Chapter Four

Mackenzie's POV

"Why are you crying? Where's Logan?" Bri asked as her and Fin enter my room. "Fin, can you give us a minute please?"

"Sure."

"Kenz, what's wrong?" She asked as she sat next to me on the floor.

"What makes you think something's wrong?" I challenge.

She gave me an 'are you serious?' look before answering, "Well, you're laying on your belly on the floor while crying. So, I think something's wrong. Now spill it."

I wiped my tears as I gave in, telling her about mine and Logan's argument and my thoughts about it. She listened intently, for which I was glad for.

"You think Logan likes me? Are you outta your mind?" She laughed.

"Okay, first, please do not say it like 'outta' say it like 'out of'. You know I am a grammar freak. Second, yes, I think he likes you! Did you see the way he stuttered? He freaked out when I brought it up and he kept changing the subject." I looked at my finger anxiously before sticking it into my mouth and chewing on the nail.

"Look, Kenz, even if Logan does like me, which I'm sure he doesn't, I have no interest in being in anything but the friend zone with him." She laughed.

"Well, that's one relief. Now I just wish Logan would talk to me about it, you know?"

"I know."

"Mackenzie! Brianna! Get downstairs!" Mom yelled.

"Why? Ugh!" Bri groaned.

"It's dinner time!" Fin peeked his head in my door.

"Oh, Fin, would you like to stay for dinner?" Bri asked.

"Sure, love. I'll just ring my aunt for approval." He said before calling his aunt.

"C'mon, let's get you cleaned up, so mom doesn't ask you a bunch of questions."

"Thanks, Bri." I smiled.

"No problem, kid."

"Excuse me? I am two months older than you. I am not a kid." I said flatly.

"Okay, sorry." She apologized.

Bri grabbed a towel and wet it before rubbing my eyes with it. Next she cleaned all the dried tears that were on my cheeks. After that, we both went downs stairs to eat dinner.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After dinner, I helped with the dishes before going up to my room.

I plopped onto my bed before grabbing my phone and dialing Logan's number in to call.

Four rings.

"Hey, you've reached Logan Tucker! Leave a message and I'll get back to you soon. Later!" Beep!

I quickly hung up and set my phone down on my dresser. I got up and changed into a gray tang top and purple booty shorts before brushing my teeth and getting back into my bed.

I snuggled my blankets and looked at the time. 8:01. It's still early.

I got up and slowly walked to Bri's room and knocked.

"Yeah?" She asked as she answered her door.

"What are you doing?"

"Just helping Fin find his phone because he's leaving. Any chance he left it in your room?" She questioned.

"I don't know, you guys can look though."

"Thanks." She walked passed me and entered my room.

Without thinking, I walked into Bri's room. I instantly spotted Fin looking under Bri's bed.

"Why were you looking at my butt?" He grinned.

I scoffed before answering, "I wasn't!"

"Sure you weren't." He winked.

I grimaced as I said, "Ew, don't wink at me!"

"Oh, come on, love, I know you like me."

"Honestly, I do not."

"You're sure?"

"Positive. Besides, I have a boyfriend."

"Probably not after tonight. I could see the way he looked at Bri, that's why I asked if he liked her, which he obviously does."

I felt like crying, but I didn't. I just stared at him in anger.

"I can see the way you look at me, like you do now. I'm completely irresistible, I know."

"You're just a cocky jerk, that's what you are."

"Excuse me? I-"

"I found your phone, Finny!" Bri said as she skipped into her room.

"Thanks, love. I better be going now. Bye, Bri." He kissed her cheek. "Bye, Mackenzie."

"Bye." We said in unison.

"Well, goodnight, Kenz."

"Goodnight."

I went back into my room and got into bed. I quickly drifted off to sleep.

Votes and comments!
💙Cailee