Chapter Seven

~Warning you about this chapter~

~Mackenzie~

"I tried to apologize today but he didn't let me get to it," I said as I was crying.

"Well, Mackenzie, I don't know what else to tell you," Bri said while she played with her sleeves.

"Can't you help me?"

"No, no I can't. You did this to yourself and you have to fix it yourself," she said as she got up off the floor.

I looked up, confused, and asked, "what do you mean?"

"Look, I have to go. I'm meeting Finn at the movies and-"

"Wait, you're leaving me for Finn?"

"No, it's not like that-"

"It's exactly like that. You don't want to help me because you have plans with a guy you just met. You know, just go, I don't want your help."

"I-I'll see you later," she said as she nervously walked out.

I bursted into tears, once again. I have no one, once again. I'm all alone, once again. While the emptiness fills in, all I can do is cry.

I reach over and grab the little black box, which I threw earlier, and quickly took out the blade. The blade I haven't seen in months. I stared at it for awhile as tears dripped onto it. I put it to my wrist and made a small slit, only deep enough to leave a few beads of blood. As the beads puddled up, I made another slit, again, not too deep. right below it. A few more after that and I finally stopped. I'm so stupid.

I laughed. I just laughed at how stupid I really am. Logan never loved me like he said he did. Bri was never my true best friend, my sister, like she said she was. Life sucks.

I watched with fascination as the blood rolled down my arm. I'm a sick person, aren't I?

I grabbed a wash cloth from my bathroom and pushed it against my fresh wounds, which stung at first. After about a minute, the bleeding stopped completely. I put some cream stuff on it but skipped on the band aids.

I walked back to my bed, feeling tired, and took a nap.

When I woke up I checked my phone and it was 7:17. I slept for a few hours. I scrolled through Instagram for a bit and I stumbled across a picture of Logan and Keigan. Of course. Keigan's amazing. She deserves Logan.

"Mackenzie," a yell from my mom from downstairs startled me, "come down stairs!"

I sighed before getting up. I grabbed a jacket out of my closet and put it on. I forgot how painful cuts are when they rub against things.

"What do you need?" I asked my mom.

"Dinner's ready. I know you're not a big fan of chicken but it's Bri's favorite and-"

"It's fine, I'm not feeling too well anyways. I'm gonna go take another nap."

"Oh, are you okay, sweetie?"

"I should be fine," I faked a smile.

"Well, two naps in one day? Come here," she waved me towards her.

"Why?" I groaned.

"I need to see if you have fever."

I rolled my eyes and walked over to her. She put a hand to my head and said, "you're not hot."

"Mom, I'm just..... I'm tired, okay?"

"Oh, alright," she gave a me a sympathetic look, "but if you need anything, sweetie, just tell me, okay? I'm always here for you if you need to talk, too."

"Thanks, mom, but I think I'll be fine," I said before running back upstairs.

I sat on my bed, took of my jacket, put in my headphones, blasted Kick Me by Sleeping with Sirens, and closed my eyes.

About four songs through my playlist, one of my headphones was pulled out.

"Mackenzie," I heard Bri's voice whisper yell.

"What the hell do you want?" I asked as I turned off my music and wrapped up my headphones.

"First, you got this letter in the mail today," she said as she handed me a letter.

It said it was from an Addison Ehle from some other city in Pennsylvania. I tossed it to my nightstand and looked back to Bri.

"Second, I'm sorry for earlier and um-what the hell is that?" She grabbed ahold of my wrist and I instantly jerked back.

"Let go," I whispered.

"Mackenzie, you can't-"

"Let go!" I raised my voice and she listened.

"Mackenzie, you can't do that, please don't. Please," her eyes started to get watery.

"Okay, okay, I won't."

"Promise?"

"Just get out of my room, please."

"Mackenzie-"

"Out! Now!"

"Fine."

Little filler chapter. Who the hell is Addison Ehle? Idk, weird. #Strangerdanger.

Do you guys want Lenzie to get back together or nah?

Votes and comments
💙Cailee