Chapter Eight

~Mackenzie~

I woke up at the same time as I usually do. I walked into my closet and grabbed a gray shirt, red and black long sleeved flannel, gray skinny jeans, and black vans.

After that I did my normal morning routine. I put my hair into a side braid then grabbed my back pack and ran downstairs. I skipped on breakfast and decided not to wait for Bri.

I showed up to school fifteen minutes early and I walked to the back of the school and sat against a tree. I could see the boys football team practicing on the field.

I decided to grab a book out of my backpack and start reading.
A few minutes into it I heard some snickering and foot steps coming my way.

As I turned my head to see who it was I could feel tears pricking at my eyes. I watched Logan's smile as he picked up Keigan and spun her around and gently pushed her against the wall to kiss her.

The thought of him being happy with someone else sickens me. I could feel myself becoming more and more nauseous. I quickly threw my book into my bag and tried to get away without them seeing me but with them only being fifteen feet away, I didn't get away too easily.

"Kenzie, uh, what're you doing here?" I could hear Logan following behind me.

"Mackenzie, hey, what's up?" I felt Logan grab my shoulder and turn me around.

"Are you crying?" He asked. I shook my head 'no' as I wiped away my tears. "Yes, you are. What's wrong?"

"Are you serious?" I chuckled. "If you are that oblivious then obviously you don't care. Goodbye," I smiled as more tears fell from my eyes as I turned around to walk away.

I could hear Logan telling Keigan to go away before I felt Logan touching me again.

"Logan, leave me alone!"

"No, I care, Kenzie. Please tell me what's wrong!"

"Stop, please."

"No, not until you tell me. I need to know."

"You're really that oblivious? Do you really want to know what's wrong?"

"Yes, please tell me!"

"I loved you, Logan. That's what's wrong! I've been trying so hard to get over you but then I see you over there kissing Keigan! Do you know how much that hurts? I know, I screwed up, but so did you! But that doesn't mean we can't try to work things out. I tried, you didn't. But I guess it's my mistake, it was my fault for falling in love with you. I'm sorry. Have a good life, Logan," I said before turning around to leave again.

"Y-you actually loved me?" I heard a soft whisper.

I felt anger bubble up inside of me before I bursted.

"Are you even being serious right now? Of course I loved you, I still do! You made me happy! You were the one steady thing I had in my life at the time! You were my everything! You-" before I could finish, I felt warm, wet lips crashing into mine.

"I love you too," he mumbled into my lips.

"What the hell?" We let go to find Keigan standing in front of us.

"Shit," I heard Logan mumble.

"Why the hell are you kissing my boyfriend, Mackenzie? I thought we were friends!"

"Boyfriend? I-I'm sorry, I-I didn't know," I look at Keigan before walking away.

"Wait, Kenzie, wait!" Logan said.

"I'm sorry, Keigan. You're a great girl and all but I love Mackenzie."

Before I heard what Keigan could say I felt arms wrap around my waist and lips kiss my cheek.

"You can't just steal my boyfriend." I turned to see Keigan again.

"He was mine first," I said.

"Kenzie, please don't hurt her. She's a nice girl," Logan pleaded.

"I know, I used to be best friends with her," I said.

"Keigan, I'm really sorry. I didn't mean for any of this to happen but please just leave, I don't want anyone to get hurt." Logan said.

"Whatever, I hate you two very much." She said before turning around to leave.

I also turned around to leave.

"Where are you going?" Logan asked.

"Home. I don't really feel like school."

"Are your parents home?"

"Nah, they probably already left for work."

"Can I come?"

"Why would I let you come?"

"Oh yeah. Mackenzie, will you be my girlfriend again, please? I will do anything. You are my whole world." He asked as he grabbed my hands.

"Of course."

"Thank you," he smiled. "So, can I come over?"

"Sure," I answered.

We walked to my house in about thirty minutes.

We went into my room and threw our backpacks into my closet and he jumped onto my bed.

"Do you want snacks? I'll go get some."

"Um, yeah but who's Addison Ehle?" He asked.

"What?" I looked over and saw he was holding that letter that Bri gave me. "Oh, I don't know."

"Are you gonna read it?"

"Yeah, I guess. Lemme see it."

I opened it and this is what it said:

Dear, Mackenzie,
It's your old friend, Addison. Do you remember me? Maybe, maybe not. Anyways, I have been wanting to talk to you for sometime. I was wondering if we could meet up somewhere and catch up a little. I know you have school but if you can meet me at the Scoopz ice cream place by your old dance studio on Wednesday at 12 for lunch.
Thanks, Addison.

"Okay, that's weird."

"What's weird?"

"I guess someone I used to know wants to meet me for ice cream on Wednesday at twelve."

"Well, you have like three and a half hours. Are you gonna go?"

"What do you mean three and a half hours?"

"Well, it's Wednesday, so."

"Oh, yeah. Well, I guess it couldn't hurt to see an old friend, right?"

"It should be fun. Want me to come just in case?"

"No, it's fine. It takes me like two hours to walk to that place so I can hang out for like an hour."

"Okay, go get some snacks," he smiled.

I nodded my head as I walked downstairs.

I grabbed some chips, cookies, and a few juice boxes. I walked back upstairs and saw Logan was already on my Xbox and I laughed to myself.

"What're you playing?"

"Mortal combat. What snacks did you get?"

"Chips, cookies, and juice boxes."

I sat down next to him and grabbed a controller. We played and ate for about an hour before Logan left to go to school.

I grabbed my backpack, put a book and my wallet in it and started walking to the ice cream place.

I promise I'll start updating more often! Sorry I haven't lately, I've had a lot of stress 😂 but ily guys so I'll update more.

Votes and comments!
💙Cailee