XX.

"I have a lot of enemies, Em."

XX.

"Is this safe?" I ask Frank as we sit in a diner. He said we shouldn't go to Dona's especially since I told her everything. I didn't think Dona would give him up but Frank didn't want to scare her and I figured I should tell her Frank is back instead of her seeing us walk into the diner together. It had been two days since Frank broke out and he was on every media channel across the country. I didn't see him yesterday and he asked me to pick him up so we could come here to talk.

"Safe enough." He says as an older lady comes over to us.

"Can I get ya'll anything?" She questions us.

"Two coffees, one with creamer, please." I say to her and she nods and walks away.

"So, any news on this shooter?"I ask him.

"No, I'm working on it though." Working on it kind of scared me. I knew Frank could handle himself, that was obvious. But this guy could be more dangerous then we know, hell, he obviously doesn't give a shit considering he's shooting up buildings left and right.

"He's framing you, why? I just don't understand." I shake my head. The lady comes back with our coffee then walks away.

"I have a lot of enemies, Em." He says as he looks around the diner as he's been doing. He's on alert, head on a swivel but then again when isn't he like this. I think it has only increased since he broke out.

"Yeah, but why frame you? Why not just kill you? This person has a personal vendetta."

"It's all personal. I've killed peoples sons, fathers, uncles." Hearing him say that put a knot in my stomach. I was obviously no stranger to what he does but him owning up to it and putting these people in titles made me a little nauseous.

"I don't know, Frank. Something here just seems a little off." I huff and sip my coffee.

"You a detective now? Trying to crack this case?" He smirks and drinks his coffee. I can't help but roll my eyes.

"Trying to find out how much I have to worry about you this time." I sigh.

"Em, I told you already. Don't fuss over me." His words don't sit right with me, what does he expect me to do? He's become a very important person in my life.

"And I told you I'm always going to. How do you expect me not to? You mean a lot to me, Frank."

"I wish I didn't." He mutters under his breath. I gasp with his words and shake my head.

"What is wrong with you?"

"Now's not the time, Emma. You need to go in the back and get the waitress, you tell the cook and anyone else back there to find the biggest piece of stainless steel and get under it, go now."

I shake my head in disbelief.

"What is happening?" My blood was already boiling from his attitude towards me and now my adrenaline was starting to kick in.

"The Buick, it's rolled around the block three times before it pulled up." He explains. I discreetly look out the window to see the car and two men in it.

"Who are they?"

"Just some guys who are about to walk into a diner for the last time." His words throw me off and then it clicks.

"Wait, you...you wanted them here. You parked me outside like...bait." I shake my head. I can't believe he did this. This is why he wanted me to pick him up and this is why we came to this diner instead, not the bullshit he said about Dona.