Chapter 20

Hayes POV

I can't Believe Emily said no. Nash has been talking about her since the first day he met her.

"That's harsh," Kayla said, making me laugh.

"It is," I said, still staring at Nash's shocked face.

Kayla was so pretty. I know she's only 12 but it's only a year. I don't think she likes me though.

"Hayes?" I heard Kayla say.

I snapped out of my thoughts. "sorry," I said.

"It's okay, what were you thinking about?" she asked, with a questioning look.

"Um..nothing," I stuttered.

"Okay," she said.

We sat in awkward silence, for a bit, until Kayla spoke up.

"We should get going," she said, as she grabbed my hand and we walked to the car.

We arrived back safely, and luckily Nash and Emily weren't here yet.

"I had fun tonight," Kayla said, out of nowhere.

"I did too," I said smiling.

We started watching sponge bob, when we heard the door slam. we looked up and there was an angry Nash.

"Emily's outside Kayla," he said, sounding pissed.

"Bye Hayes," she smiled at me.

"Bye" I said, smiling back.

Nash's POV

I was so pissed. I don't know why she said no, she was about to say yes, but then she changed her mind.

"Are you okay?" Hayes asked me, looking up from the couch.

"What do you think?" I said, saying the same thing that Matthew had said to me this morning.

I ran upstairs, and relaxed on my bed, trying think of a reason she would say no. suddenly , out of nowhere I thought of something.

"She likes Matthew," I whispered.

A/N

Does she like Matthew? or is it something else? comment why you think she said no!

Random fact- my actual name is Grace, not vilo.

Remember to follow my Instagram // @flawlesspeasants

-vilo