seven.

When I was younger, my mother always told me the story of how her and my father met. My mom was a very outgoing person while my father on the other hand was very introverted. She would always tell me about how she had to approach him and talk to him until he became comfortable. Once he finally built up the courage to ask her out, she had already known that she liked him. Eventually after a couple months they fell in love and then two years later they were married. If it wasn't for my mother and her want to get to know my dad, I wouldn't be alive. I think she's the reason why I had my no secrets rule. I didn't want anything holding me back from something that could possible turn into something amazing.

Although I definitely don't want David to laugh in my face and turn me down, that'd be pretty horrible.

"Hello? Maggie, what's up? You can talk to me." He assured me as he looked directly into my eyes.

"I know David, I just don't necessarily want to tell you." I mumbled breaking my eye contact with him to fiddle with my fingers. I had specifically emphasized the word 'want' in my sentence because I knew either way he'd know by the end of the night.

"Who is it about?"

Shoot. I cleared my throat and diverted my eyes around the room. I motioned for Lucas to jump up on the couch in between David and I.

"Uhm it's about you, actually." I laughed a small awkward laugh after I spoke. I refused to look at him until he knew.

"About me?" It's now or never.

"Yeah, I told Kristen something, and she told Scott and Jason overheard, everything's kind of a mess."

"What about me?" He completely disregarded the last sentence I had said. He had scooted closer to me and I hadn't even noticed because I was to busy petting the top of Lucas's head.

"Okay, before I tell you, please promise me something."

"Magnolia, what did you do?" He asked extra confused.

"Nothing! Just promise after I say what I'm gonna say things will stay exactly like they are right now!"

"Sure.." He slowly replied to me.

Here we go, come on Magnolia, you can do this. It won't be too bad.

"David, Kristen and I were talking and she made me realize somethings, some I wasn't too sure about, I'm still not I don't know.."

"You're rambling."

"No I'm not, what do you mean?" I tried to avoid telling him for a few seconds so I can gain more confidence in myself, something I lack.

"I'm gonna call Jason and ask him if you won't tell me!" David threatened reaching for his phone that sat on the coffee table in front of him. I quickly reacted grabbing his arm and pushing it back onto his lap.

"I think I like you." I blurted before realizing I had said it. My heart started to pound as I removed my hand off of David's forearm.

The room was deadly silent as I awaited for him to say something, anything would be fine. I tried to read his face for any kind of sign, any kind of emotion. Unfortunately for me, I wasn't good at reading faces. I just wanted to go back into my comfortable bed at Gabbies house and curl up forever. Sometimes, secrets are good, they save you from embarssment.

"That's actually really cute." David cut off my thoughts with his comment. Cute? That definitely isn't what I had thought he'd say.