thirty-five.

Please read the authors note at the end cause this is gonna be a long one, enjoy;)
-

"So what excatly are we doing here?" Scotty asked me.

I had texted the very first friends I had made in L.A.: Scott, Zane, Heath, Kristen, and Scott to meet at the place where we first met.

The place where The Waffle Pigs began.

I wanted to go back to the beginning, when everything was easy. I didn't know David, I had just moved to L.A., and I didn't have anything holding me down.

I was actually free for the first time in twenty one years of living. Now here I was living almost the dream life at only age twenty two. I had the easiest job, the best friends, and I had the perfect boyfriend.

I was still happy, I'm not going to lie, I am blessed to have everything that I do, but sometimes I guess good things don't last forever and I needed to take a step back and remember the people who got me where I am today.

For me it was this group of people. They never let me down, never let me be sad, and never failed to make sure I was only ever in the best mood ever.

"Having breakfast?" Zane said from beside me, answering Scott's question.

"We haven't done this for like what, nine months?" Scott retorted.

"Shut up and enjoy our company." Heath joked, playfully smacking Scott's arm.

The entire table laughed as we looked through our menus. Kristen and I already knew we were going to get the waffles, it was our favorite dish here. Sometimes in the middle of the night we would come here just because we had a craving for them. Those are some of my favorite memories I've had while living in California.

The bell on the door ringed, causing us all to turn and look.

There stood Gabbie.

I invited her, even if they didn't talk much anymore, she's the person I owed my friendships to. If it wasn't for Gabbie, I would have never met anyone in L.A.

"Hey Gabbie." Zane said awkwardly, eyes shooting to glance at me.

She slowly walked towards the table, her lips were pulled into a tight smile. "Hey guys."

"You're not too busy?" Heath asked sarcastically, sipping his coffee.

I saw Gabbie roll her eyes but sit down next to Heath anyways. "I'm here to say I'm sorry."

Scott chocked on his water, I didn't know it affected him that much.

"Sorry for what? For leaving us?" Heath asked again. I could tell Gabbie was annoyed, but she was doing her best to try to hide it.

"Yes. I realized I didn't have a reason, and I'm sorry. I miss you guys."

"I was not expecting this to happen today." Zane mumbled to me, a light chuckle escaped my lips.

"I'm sorry for being and asshole." Heath sighed after a small moment of silence.

"I'm sorry for being a bitch." Gabbie replied. They both leaned in for a hug, the whole table echoed in a chorus of "Awwww"s.

Then it was as if they never fought, jokes were being throw around, impressions. Anything that you could have expected from this group of people.

After we finally received our food, we didn't hesitate to dive in. I was stuffing my face with my waffles when Kristen opened snapchap, again.