Chapter 1

You and Sam were sitting in Colby's room, looking around at everything. It was time. You and Sam didn't want to do this, but everyone else thought you should. You guys needed to clean out all his stuff. The post-it notes needed to be taken down, his clothes taken out of the closet, everything needed to be given or thrown away. They let you and Sam do it so you could take something special to you and keep it. It was about time to get to work. You stood up, and walked towards his desk. You looked through the drawers, finding usual things like pens, notebooks, electronics, until you found a paper with "Y/N" written on the front. You pick it up, and see underneath is one addressed to Sam. You hand it to him, then open yours to begin reading it.
"Dear Y/N,
This letter has taken me so long and so many tried to write. It can never seem to come out right. It seems too... sappy. But, it needs to be said. You and Sam are my best friends, my rocks, and my whole life. I would be nothing without either of you. But you, you in specific, are special. I have had a crush on you, I mean, who hasn't? But, I knew we were best friends, and I knew it was going to always be that way. You just had something about you that said being your best friend is better than dating you. I will need you forever and always. Dang, that was so sappy. Sorry."
Love,
Colby.
You stared at the paper, and tears filled your eyes. You looked up at Sam, and saw he had to same reaction. You quickly folded up the paper, and continued to look through the drawers. Sam continued to stare at the paper. You could tell he was hurting. He missed his best friend. As did you.
"Y/N?" Sam looked up at you.
"Yes?"
"Promise me something."
Anything, Sam. Anything."
"Promise me you will never leave me."
You look down at the paper, then back at Sam.
"I promise."