Chapter 7

You walk out of Colby's room, running into Sam.

"How much of that did you hear?" You ask, kind of worried.

"Enough." He looked disappointed.

"It's not that I don't like you-"

"I know, I heard. But yeah it's fine."

"Sam I-"

"No seriously, it's fine. I need to get over Colby and Kat too so I get it."

"Ok."

You and sam walk down to the kitchen because you are hungry and he decided to follow you.

"Hey guys!"

Aaron. I almost forgot Aaron lived here after everything that was going on. Oops. At least I'm focused on life and not oblivious due to Fortnite.

"Hey Aaron." You reply back.

"Without Jake in the house, we will have a lot more food because he won't eat it all haha." Sam and I looked at each other, unamused.

"Too soon?"

"That was funny Aaron, don't worry." You laugh, and begin walking towards the door.

"Im gonna go get some McDonald's, do either of you guys want some?"

"Yeah I'll take some, can I come with you?" Sam asks, walking towards you.

"Um, I just wanna go for a drive by myself and to think, sorry."

"Oh yeah no I get it." He says, sounding very disappointed.

"What do you want?"

"My usual please."

"Ok got it. See you guys in a bit."

You walk out the door and approach your car. You look at the car parked right next to yours. Colby's. You decide to go into your house and grab his keys. His car hasn't been moved since that day before you went to Wyoming. You get in the car. It still smells like a mix of him and the last McDonald's you had. You drive to McDonald's, order, and head back home. As you are driving home, you see a familiar car parked on the side of the road. Jake's. You pull over, being what was wrong.

You hear Jake say, "Colby? How are you pulling up? Oh. Hi Y/N."

"Hey Jake. Why are you on the side of the road?"

"Oh, um, I was just, hanging around."

"Where are you living?"

"Here."

"Jake, you need to live in a house."

"I have no where to go."

"Come back."

You drive away before he can say anything else. As you drive away, you yell,

"See you later! At the house!"

Why did I just do that? Why did I invite him back to the house? I don't know if I can stand seeing him. But, he can't be living on the streets. And, after seeing the situation he and Colby were in before....... I don't want to not forgive him and be angry with him incase something happens. I don't want to be in that situation.

You pull into the driveway and enter the house. You immediately go looking for Sam to talk to him.

"Sam, I may have just done something."

"What did you do?" He said with panic in his eyes and voice.

"Nothing like that, really. I just... may have told Jake.. he could.. come back."

"Why?"

"Because I couldn't let him live on the side of the road. He was living in his car. And I don't want anything to happen and still be mad at him and be in the same situation he had with Colby. I can't take that."

Sam took a deep breath before saying, "Ok."