Chapter 4

You and Jake arrive at the house, and hear that Sam and Kat are fighting in Sam's room.

"Sam, it's not what you think! We're just friends, we were having fun!"

"You were having fun?! You are cheating on me! With Jake!"

"Sam I.." Sam storms out of the room, and heads straight to his car. You follow him, afraid of what he might do. He gets in the driver seat and slams the door shut. You quickly get into the passenger seat before he starts the car.

"Sam..."

"First I lose Colby, now Kat and Jake. Who's next? You?" He looks at his steering wheel.

"Sam, I promised you I will never leave you. And I am sticking to that promise. Now, come on. Get out of the car. You cannot drive right now." You open your door, walk over, open Sam's door, and pull him out of the car. You both walk directly past Jake and Kat, ignoring their attempts to talk to you, and walk to your room.

"Sam, I'm really sorry about-" He cuts you off by pulling you in for a kiss.

You pull back for a second, but then kiss him back, not really sure what you are doing. He pulls away, realizing what he did.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I-"

"No, Sam, it's fine. Really, it's fine. I... liked it."

"Really?"

"Yeah. But right now probably isn't the best time for this."

"You're right, I'm sorry, I'll just leave.." He walks toward the door.

"No, Sam, don't leave. You can stay, it's fine. I don't want to be alone. And I don't think you should be alone right now either."

"Ok."

You sit there for a while in silence. It is about 3 AM when he decides he should go to his room, so he says goodnight and leaves. You sit there, exhausted but not wanting to go to bed, so you get up and go to your closet. You find Colby's sleeveless hoodie and put it on again. You sniff it, but Colby's scent is beginning to fade from the jacket. You lay down, enjoying the last scent of Colby, and fall asleep.