Chapter 5

You wake up to the sound of boxes thudding against the walls. You step out of your room, tired and confused. You watch Jake carry boxes down the stairs and out the door. He looks at you, pain in his eyes, and he continues taking his stuff out of his room. You jump as you feel a hand on your shoulder.

"Woah, chill, it's just me." You turn around to find Sam's face right next to yours.

"What is he doing?"

"He's moving out. He doesn't want to live here anymore because it will be too awkward."

"I get that he might not want to live with his ex girlfriend-"

"who he cheated on."

"Who he cheated on.. and-"

"And his ex best friend whose girlfriend he cheated with."

"Yeah, that." You say as you walk away from Sam and towards Jake.

Jake looks at you.

"Y/N, I'm so sorry. I should have thought through my actions. I know it's too late to change anything, so I will leave once I get my last box." He gently pushes past you and walks to his room.

I can't believe he's moving out. Maybe it's for the best. Maybe he shouldn't leave. Maybe he should. I want him to leave I never want to see him again. I want him next to me again. He needs to leave. Come back, Jake.

"Jake!" You call out after him, not knowing what you are doing.

"Yes, Y/N?"

"I... um..." You look at Sam. "Sorry... um... never mind."

"Ok?" He looks confused as he continues walking to his room. He grabs the last box, walks past you, and gets into his car.

"Again, Y/N, I'm so sorry. I know you will never be able to forgive me. I'll see you... whenever. I'm sorry again, Sam." He pulls out of the driveway and drives away. Your eyes begin to tear up, and you run into Sam's arms. You sobs into his shoulders, and you feel his grip on you tighten.

"Come on, Y/N, let's go up to your room."

You pull away from his hug. You walk into the house, leaving Sam in the driveway. You walk up to Colby's room, and shut and lock the door.