Chapter eight.

I get in the car and drive to Alec's house, speeding hoping that I wouldn't get a ticket. But at this point I really didn't care, I had to get there before Evan did.

I made I there and knocked on the door, Alec answered

"Hey brooke, what's up?" I walked in and said

"We need to go to your room" I said.

"Alec honey, who was at th-" she stopped talking when she saw me. "Brooke? Is that really you?" She says. "Oh my God! I've missed you so much! It's been so long!!" she says enveloping me in a hug.

"I've missed you too" I say quietly

"Mom can you give us a minute?" Alec says embarrassed.

"What? Oh yea! Of course, I'm gonna make you guys some snacks! What do you want? Ya know what I'll just cook up whatever we have!" she says blabbering. I laugh and we walk up to Alec's room. I had forgotten how many times I had been here and all the memories came flooding back.

Alec chasing me around the house playing hide and seek, tag,ect..

Us making forts out of pillows and blankets on the couch. Or camping in his back yard. Roasting marshmallows in his fireplace.

Watching movies every Friday night as pre teens. Texting each other from opposite ends of the couch. Blaring his music as loud as possible, because I knew it annoyed him. I remember playing endless video games for days at a time. From black ops, to Mario cart, to the wii, you name it we played it.

Then I remember the worst memory of all. Last year almost exactly a year ago. Me and Evan had just started dating and I really liked him and I knew I would have to tell Alec that we would have to stop hanging out more.

*flash back*

We were on Alec's bed playing Mario cart for another endless video game marathon. He was beating me so I made him change games. He put in black ops and came back over and sat down.

"Alec I need to talk to you about something." I say with sadness in my voice.

"What's wrong brooke?"

"How do you know something's wrong?" I say.

"I've known you all my life, I know everything about you. Now what's wrong?" I looked at the ground and sighed.

"I think we need to stop hanging out so much." I say quietly. He looked so hurt. Like a little hurt puppy.

"Why?" he says sadly

"I mean. Me and Evan have just started dating, and I can't be with you all the time. I really like him. And I want this to work out. So I think we need to start going our own ways, make new friends." I say. He looked at me and said something I'll never forget.

"Brooke. I love you. I don't have a good feeling about this Evan guy. I mean you hardly know him! What if he hurts you? What if it doesn't work out?"

"What if it does? What if he doesn't hurt me?" I say optimistically. "That's the point of high school. Doing new things, meeting new people, trying new things, making mistakes! And if Evans a mistake, he's a mistake I'm gonna have to make!" I say. I knew I was hurting him, but I trust Evan and I think this will work.

"Brooke. If you trust this guy than great. But I don't, he's bad news. I've heard some pretty bad things about this guy! I just think he's bad new. But if this is what you think you need to do, then by all means. Do it. What kind of person am I to stop you. But before you leave me. Let me tell you something. I love you. I have for the past four or five years. And if this guy hurts you just know that I'll make his life a living hell."

"Ale-" I was cut off by him kissing me. I pulled away and ran out.

That was the last time I was here.

*flash back over*