Chapter 13

We got on the horses and started to leave the stable, I didn't realize how far we were until I looked back and saw how small the stable was.

"Where are we going?" I say a little nervous because right now were in the middle of an empty field.

"You'll see! Just follow me, were almost there!" ugh. But whatever, I'm gonna enjoy riding while I can.

After what felt like forever, he told me to stop. I stopped and he started to help me get off.

"So what are we doing in the middle of a field?"

"You'll see! Just take a chill pill!"

"Whatever" I say annoyed. We walked for about 5 minutes then I saw a big gap in the knee high grass, but I couldn't see what was in there. We walked a little closer and I saw it was a picnic. I looked at Alec and smiled.

"Do you like it?"

"Of course" I say. I gape at the amazing picnic I see in front of me. There's a blue blanket with a picnic basket and a gorgeous light pink tulip in a little crystal vase. "Well are we gonna eat or what?"

"Absolutely!" He says while sitting down and opening up the picnic basket. I stood there for a little while, thinking of the difference between Alec and Evan.

"What's wrong?" He says

"Wha-nothing."

"Brooke sit down" I sat down in the grass, which was now taller than me

"Look it's really noth-"

"Don't say anything. Just listen. Look, I know this may not be a 5 star restaurant with a string quartet, and butler that will take us to a private jet to fly us to Paris.... but I just want you to know, I would never hurt you. I will give you whatever you want, I will love you more and more everyday, and give you whatever I have."

"Ale-"

"Brooke, I'm kinda on a roll here, you don't need to interrupt." I laughed "anyways, I may not give you the fanciest stuff, but I will give you my heart. That's for sure. " I couldn't do anything but smile. For one reason was because Alec was certainly not poor. Secondly because I was speechless.

"Ummmm you can talk now" I started to laugh.

"Oh Alec.... it's all so amazing. I just don't know what to say"

"Then don't" he says with a grin on his face. "Just close your eyes" I did as I was told and started to giggle. Then the next thing I knew was his lips pressed against mine.

----------------------------------------------

A/N- sorry that it's taking so long for me to update lately, I've been so busy and haven't had time to write. I hope I get to update some more soon, love you guys!❤️