Chapter ten

I went to school the next day not even going to talk to either of them. But with my luck of course, they talked to me.

"Brooke! Brooke! We need to talk!!" Yells Alec from the opposite end of the hall. I ignored him and walked into Math.

"Okay class! I hope you all remembered today was the first half of the unit test!" She says perkily.

SHIT! Oh my God what am I gonna do! Just then Evan leans over.

"Here. Take my notes"

"Why should I take this? I can't cheat! It's probably not even right."

"I got the teachers test last week and took pictures of it. These are the answers I printed out. I already know the test, so take it."

"I can't."

"Just do it. It's one time, what's it gonna kill you?" He says while putting the folded piece of paper in my hand.

I look at the test on my desk and start to flip a bitch! I don't know ANY of this stuff! Why is geometry so confusing!? So I quietly open the answers to the test. I copy it down and turn my test in I sat down and make a vow to myself.

I will never cheat again.

To bad that I couldn't keep that vow.

_________________________________________

I went to lunch and for once. Didn't sit by Evan. I looked around and saw an empty table and sat there by myself. Isabella was out of town so I can't sit by her. I was so lost in thought that I didn't even realize that Alec had sat down beside me.

"Hey Brooke. We need to talk about what happened yesterday."

"What's there to talk about?"

"Look Brooke. You know I like you now, I know you used to like me and I want to show you why you did again."

"Why should I?"

"Because, would you rather sit home alone? Or have Evan almighty chase you around until graduation?"

I thought about this for a second. What do I have to lose?

"If I say yes will you leave me alone?"

"Yes!"

"Fine"

"Great! I'll pick you up tonight at 7:00 babe!" Then he pecks me on the cheek.

"Woa woa woa! We're not dating. Don't call me babe and don't kiss me!"

"What you mean like this?" He says and pecks me on the cheek again "or this?" Then he kisses my four head "or even this?" Then he kisses me on the lips hard. I pull away.

"Yes. Exactly like that." I say walking away but still wanting him for some reason. No Brooke. You don't like him.

I walk out side to the parking lot cause I'm ready to go home. Then I feel someone put a blindfold over my eyes. I start to scream.

"Shhhhhh it's just me."

"Oh my God Evan! Wtf you know most NORMAL people just come over to other peoples houses if they want to talk!!"

"Brooke, we dated for a year when was I EVER normal?"

"We didn't date for a year.."

"Not yet" he says a smile coming to his face

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Spoilers!" I laugh, another smile comes on his face.

"Okay shut up!" He laughs and we finally stops. He opens the door and helps me out of the car.

"I swear to God Evan, if you run me into a pole. I'll kill you!!"

"Calm down Bolton! I won't do anything." I try to roll my eyes but I have a blindfold on and it doesn't really work.

"Can I take this damn thing off yet? It's quite annoying!" He laughs.

"Wait....right....now!" I rip it off and look around and I couldn't believe what I saw.

He had set up an amazing lunch. There was an arch way covered in vines and roses. With a table underneath it, champagne being chilled on the crisp white table cloth. There was ratatouille on the table with a side salad. I was amazed.

"You remembered that ratatouille was my favorite?"

"How could I forget?"

"I-I don't know what to say"

"Well we could start, by sitting down." I smile and sit down.

"This is amazing Evan."

"It gets better." I gave him a surprised look while taking a bite of my salad. He snaps his fingers and a waitress comes out with super huge boobs! She pours the champagne pretty much shoving her boobs in his face, and he doesn't even look at them. Just continues to stare at me.

"Anything else you would like?" She says

"In about 15 minutes we will have desert please?"

"Of course Mr. Levine." The waitress says

"Thank you" she leaves

"So," I start "how did you pull this off?"

"I know people. People who like to help me."

"So that means your dad's credit card?"

"Be quiet!" he says sarcastically.

"Well. What do you want to talk about?"

"Us. I want you to know, I would never hurt you. I promise that whole "Evan almighty" thing was just what they called me freshman and sophomore year. I would do whatever they wanted me to cause I was intimidated. But that was the old me, the jackass me. I've changed a lot this year. Mainly because of you." He says while graving my hand from across the table.

"Eva-"

"Look I know I don't deserve it," he starts "but will you give me a second chance for everything I've done and not told you about?"

"Well.."

"Okay in that case. Come with me before you say no." He grabs my hand and brings me to some like stage and played some music. I knew exactly what he was about to do.

"Brooklyn Bolton. May I have this dance?" He says and bows I smiled

"Of course." I say and courtesy. We dance for what felt like hours but was only minutes. The very last strum he pulled my body really close to his to where we were touching and there was no space in between us. I could feel him start to lean in. I turned my face

"Were not gonna kiss right now."

"Why not?"

"I can't. I'm sorry. This was amazing, but I can't. I'm going out with Evan soon and I can't do this. I'm sorry."

"Okay" he says and softly kisses my cheek. I smile and get in the car, he drives me home.