Chapter 12

I started walking towards the car about to open it, then he opened it for me accidentally hitting me in the stomach.

"Oh my god I'm sorry Brooke!" He says while laughing at the same time.

"I'm fine. But what's so funny?" I say

"Just the fact that I am probably the most accident prone person ever, so of course that would happen when I try to be a gentleman"

"It's fine Alec, I promise, but since I'm injured now, will you tell me where were going?"

"Pff your fine. You were probably more hurt whenever you fell and scraped your knee."

"Jerk."

"Oooo feeling the love" he says while buckling up and putting his ray bands on.

"You should" I say. He looks at me for a second then looks away.

"What?"

"Oh nothing"

"No tell me"

"It's just... " he says while staring at me. "The sun! Do you want a pair of sunglasses?" He says while opening a compartment revealing about a dozen more ray bands. He digs around for a second then pulls out a plain black pair with the part that you put on your ears painted red. I laugh.

"Remember these?" He says

"How could I forget?" I say

"Well I don't, so would you like to jog my memory with the story?

"Why certainly. Let's see... We were about what? 13? 14? Any way. Your mom bought me this pair of sunglasses for my birthday, and you kept saying they were ugly and to plain. So to make you shut up I painted this part red'" I say while stroking the red paint that is now chipped.

"Which really just made them uglier." He says while laughing.

"Oh shut up! Your so...UGH!"

"I'm ugh?"

"You know what I mean!"

"Nope, not sure I do."

"Your annoying."

"I know I try, but you still love me"

"Your so cocky" I say while rolling my eyes "I mean seriously, your cocky, obnox-"

"If you could stop insulting me for one second, I would tell you that we're here."

"Really?! That was quick!" I say while unbuckling and jumping out of the car.

"Haha your so jumpy" he says while laughing.

"I've had a nap. I can't help it." I say while smiling.

"Just come with me" he says while grabbing my hand. We ran through this field that was filled with gorgeous flowers. I thought I saw something in the distance but I couldn't make it out because Alec turned me around and covered my eyes with his hands.

"Listen. Your about to love what I'm about to show you" he says while turning me around and walking further. We walked for about another 5 minutes until he finally said

"Are you ready for this?" He says

"Show me!" He uncovered his hands and I saw something I had been wanting to do since I was about 5. I saw a horse ranch with about a dozen horses.

"You did not!"

"I did-" I cut him off by squeezing him so hard. I could tell he was caught off guard because it took him a second to wrap his hands back around me.

"Thank you so much" I say as I look up at him with our arms still wrapped around each other.

"Your welcome" he says with a small grin on his face. He started to lean in

"So are we gonna go ride or what?" I say while turning my head towards the stable and unwrapping my arms awkwardly.

"Ummmm..... yea I guess so" I start running towards the stable and go ahead and start to put on a pair of boots. I look around for the right horse when I come across this white horse, and all I can think about is purity.

My dad gave me a purity ring when I was 13 and I remember him asking me 2 questions.

*flashback*

"Do you Brooke Bolton promise to not have pre-marital sex?"

"I do"

"Do you promise to always wear this ring until you get engaged?"

"I do"

*flashback over*

I have broken both of those promises I made. I haven't even picked up that ring since me and Evan started dating.

"Is that the one you want?" I jumped

"Holy crap Alec! Give me a heart attack why don't you?!" He laughed. "Is that the one your gonna ride or not?"

"Ummm... No." I can't ride a white horse. Im the opposite of pure. I'm not gonna ride a white horse when I'm not pure anymore, so what's the opposite of white? "I'm gonna ride that one." I say while pointing to a velvet black horse.

"Okay, I saddle him up!" I went out and waited for him to come around with our horses. He finally came back and I got on the horse. That's when it all started.