Travelling [Chapter 16]

It was a dark, rainy morning, thunder boomed lighting up the grey sky, while raindrops trickled down my window, I let out a heavy sigh before turning over and trying to go back to sleep, I always liked the sound of rain to go to sleep to but not thunder. It had been at least a month since I spoke to Jai the night they were at the party or wherever they were, I didn’t really want to know. I laid there, in my bed underneath my warm blankets, for quite a while when a particular thought awoke me, Beau. What had Jai told him not to do that night? This question just kept playing back over and over again, every night before I gave in a called Luke, he can never keep his mouth shut about anything.

“Sky!” he half screamed down the phone before I could say anything, I giggled, “you need to come back soon! You should see what we did! Beau’s totally up for the baby, you just haven’t been answering any of our calls” he said very excitedly down the other end, so Beau was happy to have a baby now? It was a little late for his decision now, it was the 28th of October, Claudia and I were going on a cruise today, it wasn’t the best weather, actually it was the worst weather possible, but we were going to all the islands in Vanuatu and Fiji, I was almost 3 months pregnant and getting quite visible, it didn’t worry me though.

“I’m not going to be back in Australia until the 7 of Nov” I said softly, I felt bad, just leaving them.

“What? Where are you?” he said, I could tell he was upset, I let out a sigh

“I’m going on a cruise today”

“Without us!?” he almost screamed, well I could tell he was devastated, I nodded forgetting he couldn’t see me, “you just nodded didn’t you?” Luke said in a voice that was to say, you’re so dumb and I know you did it, I could feel him smirking for behind the phone, I let out a little giggle before saying a soft

“Yeah, I have to go, I need to get dressed, I was just checking on you guys to see how you were”

“Alright Sky, have a good time, keep us updated” he said in a genuine kind voice,

“Tell the boys I said hi!” I said quickly, he gave a short yep and then hung up.

“Come on Skyla! Let’s go!” I heard Claudia scream out from the lounge room, she had already been dressed and ready for a good hour, I could hear her running around the house while I was lying in bed. I slid out of bed straightening my shirt and pants up, I walked into the kitchen grabbing a apple and sitting down on the couch munching on it, turning the TV on, SpongeBob was on.

‘Are you ready kids? I, I Captain. I can’t hear you!’

Filled the room, I heard Claudia giggle behind me, “what?” I giggled back, her laugh was always contagious

“SpongeBob?” she questioned me, I simply nodded and turned back to the tv

SpongeBob SquarePants, SpongeBob SquarePants, Spongybob SquarePants!’

I sat and watched the first ten minutes giggling or smirking at all the little funny things, I decided it was probably time to get dressed, I got up and jumped in the shower quickly, shaving my legs, which was now getting harder considering my belly was getting bigger. After I had finished that I jumped out slipping, I put on a white floral dress that was very flowy so it hid my bump, and a red fluffy cardigan over the top so I wasn’t cold, I slipped on some red toms to go with my cardigan and then ruffled my hair letting it dry naturally.

It wasn’t long after that we packed our bags into the boot of Beau’s range rover and drove down to the harbour, the boat was enormous, so big. It was an 11 day cruise, a man took our bags and then a lady escorted us to our room, it was nice, it was the 5th deck, we had a balcony that viewed the sea, we had two single beds, it was just a really nice room. I could see myself really liking it on this boat. I went up stairs to the 6th deck to go get a massage, I ended up getting some package that came with a facial, a deep tissue massage, a mud bath and then have a manicure and pedicure. I was there for a good few hours.

By the time the boat left it was around 4pm, I went back to the room and Claudia wasn’t there… where would she be? The pool! It was the first place she wanted to check out, I put on my swimmers, it was a one piece, I didn’t want to show off my belly… there was nothing to show off I guess.

I walked over to the pool, slightly waddling, and saw Claudia in the pool with a guy! Oh my god, it’s only been a couple of guys and she’s already hitting on guys, I decided to leave her be, no one wants to date the chick with a pregnant friend… I went over to the theatre, there was a comedian up on stage, his name was Carl Barron, why did that name sound so familiar? I sat down in a seat that was close to the front and observed the man; I must admit he was quite a funny guy.

“I met a girl who said I wouldn’t date you even if you were the last person on earth... I said, if I was the last person on earth, you wouldn’t be here to reject me" He joked.

The crowd roared in laughter, I did too. A girl with long orange hair sat opposite me, she looked about the same height and age as me as well, I glimpsed at her a few times throughout the performance, as I got up to leave I bumped into her making her drop her phone, “shit sorry” I mumbled leaning down to get it, letting out a soft groan, the baby was kicking.

“are you alright?” she questioned me as I gripped my stomach, I just nodded and turned to walk towards the dining hall, “do you need any help?” she questioned me again,

“Could you just help me to the dining hall” I said softly, she nodded gripping my shoulder supporting me, “I’m Skyla by the way” I added in a few moments later, with pain clearly in my voice.  

“Isabelle, but you can call me Izzy, that’s what everyone calls me” she smiled slightly

We finally reached the tables, I couldn’t spot Claudia anywhere so I just sat with Izzy, we talked over dinner and desert, she was quite a funny person, and always had something to say. The pains in my stomach had gone away, but Izzy helped me back to my room anyways. We were walking down a few steps when something wet was under my foot, and I slipped, tumbling down the stairs, I closed my eyes tightly, not wanting to see the end results. I must have finished falling down the flight of stairs because I landed on  my stomach but did move anymore, I could hear Izzy scream, and there were people talking, I let out a scream in pain, I rolled over just to get the pressure of my stomach, I opened my eyes and the whole room was spinning, Izzy stood over the top of me telling me something but I was completely oblivious to it, I was in utter shock.

------------------

A/N:

ooooh, cliffhanger. oh how i love them and you hate them :P hope you guys like this chapter, what do you think will happen to the baby? and what do you think the boys have done for Skyla?

Btw, my friend Skyla who i actually have based the character on is now reading the book, she thinks all yours comments are really sweet haha.

14 votes & 12 comments xo