SEVENTEEN: A New Friend

"Hey Dani." Peter smiled at me.

"Hello!" I piped.

We were walking to school together. It was finally Friday. Thank The Lord.

"I wanted to ask you something..." Peter said and bit his lip nervously.

I looked up into his brown eyes and immediately melted.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Would you, um, like to go on a date..." he said hopeful, "Or something?" he added, which made me laugh.

"Don't be so awkward!" I nudged his arm and he nudged me back. "So?" "So? I would love to Peter!" I smiled widely and hugged him.

"Phew.." he said and wiped his forehead. "You thought I'd turn you down?" I say, slightly confused.

"Well I don't know... I still think you're kinda out of my league." he said honestly.

My eyes widened, "Me?" I questioned and pointed at myself. "Yes." he nods.

"You're the one that's out of my league." "R-r-really?" he stuttered in disbelief.

"Yes, you are the nicest guy in the whole world. I don't deserve you." I kissed his cheek and he went red.

"Aww and you're cute." I poked his nose. I grabbed his arm and started skipping while he was being dragged closely behind.

"But Dani... you're perfect." I heard him say. I stopped and looked at him.

Me? Perfect? He must be joking! I am no where near it.

I am just some loser who got lucky.

"Dani?" he called out.

I went back to reality and looked at him. "Yes?"

"What were you thinking about?"he asked me curiously.

"I was thinking about why you would have started liking me. I mean I'm... I'm just-a mess" I said pausing a few times.

"Why did I? Well why not?" he smiled brightly at me and started to pull me along.

All I could think was wow.

Seriously, how the hell did I get so lucky?

We got to school and met up with my friends.

"Hey guys!"I smile. "Hey Dani!"Ash said and hugged me.

"Sup." Aaron said and nodded his head back. "Heyy!!" Wen said and beamed, she was with Allen. They were seriously the cutest things ever, I loved it!

Ash's boyfriend walked up and Aaron groaned, "I'm the loner again! Yay!" he said sarcastically.

"I told you I will find you someone!" I retorted.

"Whatever." he replied, obviously annoyed.

I got into class and sat down in my seat by Peter. "Class we have a new student, her name is Dawn Levine." We all look up as a girl entered the room.

I notice how pretty she is. She had dark and curly brown hair, tan skin, and Hazel brown eyes. She stood there awkwardly, waiting for a seat.

It hit me, this girl would be perfect for Aaron.

"Dawn, you may take a seat wherever you want." She examined the class and I gave a smile to her. She smiled and came to us, sitting at the empty seat right beside my own.

"Hello!" I greeted. "Hi..."she said shyly.

"I'm Danielle, but you can call me Dani." I told her and shook her hand.