004

Alaska
my mother and I left the party at 10, she seemed to have a good time while I awkwardly shared a laugh with a few adults.

After calum went to say hello to his mother he took off, I didn't see where he went afterwards.

"This is good." My mother says as we sit on the couch and watch the news.

"It is, I'm glad we moved back."

"As long as youre happy, I'm happy."

"So, how is calum? What's he like?"

"He's um nice I guess."

"Joy says he's a bit of a mystery." That's for damn sure.

"I mean, he came in said hi, joy asked about his face and he acted like it was no big deal."

"did he tell her what happened?"

"Said he walked into something at school."

"Oh."

"mhm."

"So any trips soon?" My mom works for a company where she constantly has to travel for meetings for promoting cosmetics.

"Well my boss has been talking about going to Washington again but hes still trying to close the deal."

"Mom once they see you promote it, that deal will be closed for good."

"Ah yes, encouragement, thank you."

"But you should get to bed, its already late."

I nod and get up to go to my room, ah yes, there is a big pile of clothes on the floor that I didn't care to put back into my closet.

I'll do it later.

I get into bed, and cover my body, but I put on leg out of my blanket because I have no idea why my body enjoys this.

I start to think about the party, when harry came up to me and introduced himself, I wonder if what calum said was true, does harry mess around with a lot of other girls? I've never seen harry at school before or Kimmy would've told me, they gave me the details on everyone and everything when I moved back.

Then I start to think about when I helped calum with the cut, my stomach knots at the thought, he seemed so interested in watching me.

I wonder why he doesn't talk to many people, why people fear him, or why he doesn't seem to have any friends; besides Michael.

Does he push them away?

...

"Kimmy, girl how are you?" My phone rang about eight times while I was in the shower and of course it was my best friend.

"What the hell man, I called eight times, was it not enough to grab your attention?"

"First of all, I was showering so back it up, what happened."

"This girl needs help, I'm going on a second date with Michael."

"Ouu, yes, blow him this time okay."