- Fifteen -

Kimberley smiles shyly, waves goodbye and is quick to go inside and close the door behind her.  She stares down the foyer as the last few seconds replay in her mind.  Did I seriously just tell her that?  

"Good one," she mutters to herself.  She probably thinks you're such a creep now. 

She locks up then makes her way upstairs to her bedroom.  After washing up and changing, she gets into bed.  Finding herself deep in thought all of a sudden, she knows she probably won't be getting much sleep tonight.  She lets out a shaky sigh and scolds herself.  What's wrong with you?  She shakes her head. You got your dream job, you should be beyond thrilled. 

Something is clearly still missing - and it's not Justin.  Kimberley finds her mind drifting back to a particular memory that pops up in the back of her mind.  The day after winning Popstars.  It was such a happy and monumental period in her life: 

Five very hung over girls enter the conference room.  Although in pain, there was no mistaking the thrill of dreams coming true. 

"Girls.  Welcome," Jennifer, one of the management assistants, says, "I'm sorry you have to come in so early, but you're superstars now, and well, you'll be in high demand.  So we need to get straight to business.  Get used to it."  She winks. 

The girls giddily smile at the thought.  They exchange pleasantries as they take their seats around the table. 

Jennifer takes a seat at the head of the table and types away on her laptop.  "I swear, this will be brief.  Management just wanted you to stop by quickly so we can set up your professional email accounts.  Then you'll be on your way, taking care of your duties as new career women." 

Kimberley smiles excitedly and catches Cheryl's eyes across the table.  She's smiling, too.  

"Oh my, God!" Cheryl mouths.  Her dimpled grin is nothing short of infatuating.   

Laughing silently, Kimberley finds herself unable to take her eyes off of the beaming Geordie.  Her energy is infectious.  She thinks back to the day they met, distinctly remembering having the same thoughts all those weeks ago.  The only difference is, now she gets to spend every working minute with her, and then some.  For some reason, that thrilled her as much as the thought of pursuing this career.    

Jennifer explains that she's set up and authorized their accounts, also applying the necessary security features.  "Now all there's left to do is choose your passwords." 

The girls take turns finalizing their accounts as the laptop gets passed around the table.  When it gets to Kimberley, her mind is still overwhelmingly occupied by one person. 

Kimberley's flashback comes to an end and her eyes focus back to clarity on the ceiling.  Oh my God...I've been in love with her for ten years. 

Cheryl lies awake in her bed, the last encounter with Kimberley replaying in her mind.  She can't believe the elation she feels.  The notion that Kimberley might feel the same way is so exhilarating for her.  Choosing to ignore the difficulties she knows they'll eventually face, she contemplates how she should make Kimberley hers.  Then a thought at the back of her mind begins to nag.   

She's leaving.  Soon.  She frowns.  

What to do I do?  Of course I can visit her in America but it will never be enough. It will drive me insane if she is thousands of miles away and not mine.  I need to make her mine.