- Forty-Two -

Author's notes below! Not necessary for the story, so please feel free to skip ahead.❤️

A/N: FREED BRITNEY! Friday was a huge day for Britney, the fans, women, and people in general. I'm still on a high! 

A/N 2: When I started writing this story years and years ago, I did not see the harm in writing in some of Britney's family/team members as extras when introducing her to the plot. Although we all had our suspicions that (in real life) they might be villains in their own ways, it did not seem that big of a deal to me at the time to include them in a fictional story. Since Britney herself has recently confirmed in a court testimony that her family was very much a part of her legal and personal struggles, and that many allegations made over the last 13 years were in fact true, I regret giving them any attention at all, even in this small way. I really only included them in the first place because it helped me build Britney's plot, and as I'm sure you've all caught on by now, I have written Britney's character to serve as Cheryl's foil** character. The way I alluded to Britney's conservatorship in the plot of this story is not to make light of it. And the way I wrote Britney's family/team into this story is not to say that I am on their side. It was simply one way to emphasize the chaos surrounding a high-profile celebrity who had experienced the difficulties of fame. I was keeping the story realistic by using real people as that is my preferred style of creative writing. 

**For those who might not know, a literary foil (Britney) is a character written with the purpose of accentuating/highlighting qualities of the protagonist/main character (Cheryl).**

All this to say, I do not condone her family/team. I very much CONDEMN them! This story is no reflection of how I view them in real life.

Thank you for hearing me out! :) Love yous! 

- Forty-Two -

[Continued from last update because I couldn't fit it all in!]

"I'm sure Lily packed you a couple swimsuits. Here, let me look," I said, hoisting her case up onto the bed.

We had drunkenly decided to go for a swim. The pool and hot tub looked so inviting on Britney's rooftop terrace, lined with twinkle lights and ice buckets of still so much champagne to go around. I did vow to enjoy myself more, so I thought, why the hell not? Let's go for a drunken swim on this New York summer night.

I could feel Cheryl pressing herself up behind me as I rummaged through her clothes.

"This bikini is dangerous," she breathed, pulling at the string at the back of my neck.

"Alright, you! Don't start that now. We are expected to only be fifteen minutes."

"Do you know how much I can do in that time?" She spun me around and started to kiss at my collar bones.

I can't lie, I would love to mess around right now. There has been some sort of magic in the air tonight despite our recent struggles. But I know for a fact that fifteen minutes will turn into thirty minutes which will turn into an hour and the girls will definitely know what we are up to. So, I make some space and tighten the strings of my bikini top as I desperately try to stifle my arousal.

She runs a finger down my chest. "F*cking hell, I love you in black. You chose this one on purpose."

"We must not keep your new girlfriend waiting." I give her a wink as I shove the red bikini into her stomach. "Let's go."

She narrowed her eyes at me. "Who's me new girlfriend?"

"A certain blonde."

"Oh please, Andrea is-"