- Twenty-Eight -

A/N: Sorry for the wait!  As some of you might know, I'm a student, and November is consistently an overwhelming month.  So I've been dead busy but I hope to update more frequently once the storm passes haha 

A/N 2:  Check the media on this chapter--->

1) Cheryl's ring from Kimberley, just in case you're wondering. (It's only fair since I provided a visual of Kimberley's from Cheryl lol)  

2) A video ad for The New York Palace for those of you who have never been and/or are curious to see what it's like.  Because it's fun to visualize!  At 0:50, you'll notice they show one of the Triplex Suites so take note!  (You'll understand once you begin reading the chapter.)

 Enjoy! 

Kimberley takes her seat in first class, secluded in the preferred flyers section where she's immediately tended to by endless fake and eager flight attendants.  She sighs inwardly, definitely not in the mood for being famous.  She politely asks to be left unattended to for the flight unless told otherwise.  Really, she just wants to be left alone with her aching heart.  Once left in private, with only a few minutes before take-off, she pulls out her phone one last time to make a call before turning it off and leaving it to rest for the painfully long hours to come.  

The plane finally begins its course and Kimberley fixes her sad eyes out the window.  She idly plays with the beautiful rose gold ring on her finger and vaguely wonders if maybe Cheryl is doing the same with her newly placed ring.  She knows Cheryl can't see her, but she subtly lifts her hand to the window and manages a small, child-like wave anyways.

As London becomes nothing but a zoomed-out map beneath thick, foggy clouds, Kimberley's eyes blur out of focus and she slips into a thoughtful daydream.  

She ponders her relationship, taking time to absorb just how much it means to her.  She's been in the air not even twenty minutes and she's already desperate to have Cheryl in her arms again.  And this overwhelming neediness is a little unfamiliar for Kimberley.  Travelling has obviously been a big part of her life, for over a decade now; she's familiar with the endless trips and endless circumstances where loved ones get left behind for weeks at a time.  She thought she was used to that ache in the chest that presents itself whenever a flight takes off.  But there's no comparison to now.  This type of aching is so unfamiliar to her - so foreign.  Leaving Cheryl behind, her girlfriend of not even two full weeks, feels like more than just a little discomfort.  It's one hundred daggers stabbing at the delicate flesh of her love-struck heart.  She mentally acknowledges that leaving Justin behind never hurt quite like this.  It's such a contrast.  She sighs as small tears start to grace her cheeks.  

-

Cheryl enters her new home, suddenly more aware of just how grand it is which only accentuates how lonely she feels.  She locks up the house and the tears start to pour again.  She managed to hold them back just long enough to thank Gord for the drive and see him off.  But now that she's alone in solitary confinement, there's nothing stopping her.  And so tears flow - hot and painful trails streaking her cheeks.  Exceptionally so as Kimberley isn't here to dab them away.  Cheryl has no idea what to do with herself.  She's simply distraught without her girlfriend and seemingly way past missing her.  

Cheryl makes her way up to the bedroom, her eyes glossing over uncontrollably with enthusiastic tears.  Her throat tightens as the constant sobbing chokes her up with emotion.  She tries to take deep breaths, tries to steady herself, but it's a failed attempt.  

She frantically undresses and then rummages through the walk-in closet in search of Kimberley's comfiest hoodie and sweat pants.  She throws them on, taking in the unmistakable scents of vanilla, lavender, and that bottom note of what can only be described as distinctly Kimberley