- Thirty-Five -

A/N: Plots in novels, stories etc, take time to develop. The luxury with those though is that, the reader has the work in its entirety and doesn't have to wait for the writer to update what happens next. You can read it continuously. As where, we fic writers have to make it up as we go and hope to maintain some sort of continuity. I just don't have the time to write updates close together to keep the wheel spinning quickly. I do apologize for the pacing issues though. 

A/N 2: I'm trying to keep everyone happy. Some people don't want them back together just yet, some people do, some people want more phone sex, some people want the real deal, some people want new characters added, some people want jealous Kimba, some people want more possessive Cheryl, some people want me to hand deliver them a grande frappuccino from Starbuck's (!). LONG STORY SHORT(ish) I'm trying to juggle what y'all want! *sobs* Just kidding, I don't mind it, honestly. I like the challenge. But just please be patient if your request isn't met right away. I'll get there. 

-According to Kimberley- 

"You go ahead and catch up with the girls, babe, I'm just going to Kimberley's room for a second." Andrea hangs back as Edan and Britney continue into the elevator. 

"Okay. It was really nice meeting you, Kimberley," she says, redirecting her gaze to me. "I...I hope we can do this again sometime."  

"Nice meeting you, too. I'd really enjoy that." I watch as the doors close and have to take a deep breath to will my emotions away. The hopefulness in her voice really tugs at my heart strings.

"Are you okay, babe?" 

"Yeah...yeah, I'm fine. I'm just...overwhelmed is all." I lead us into the opposite lift and we're whisked upwards. 

"It's a little surreal, right?"

I nod. That's an understatement, though. I don't really know what it is I'm feeling right now but it's somewhere between discomfort and worry and fierce protectiveness. Probably a combination of the three and then some. 

The ding of the elevator draws me from my mind and we make way into my suite. 

"You look a little pale, Kimby. You sure you're alright?"

I'm surprised to hear I look pale. My cheeks feel red hot. I don't like this uneasy feeling. I feel like...I need to talk to Cheryl. I'm just sensing something's wrong.

"I don't actually know what it is I'm feeling." 

"I know what you mean. It's so strange. I understand why the poor woman shaved her head. I'd go mental, too, if I was a prisoner in my own life."

My shoulders tense at the comment, and I feel like I've just been punched in the stomach. "Don't...don't say that."

She laughs uneasily, sensing my tension. "What? That happened over six years ago. She's fine-"

"I'm...I'm sorry." I avert my eyes. I feel clammy. "I'm sorry, Andrea. On second thought, I'm not feeling too well. I just need to lie down."

She wraps me up in her arms. "I understand. If you need me, just come round. We'll be in Britney's suite watching a film."

I nod. "Thank you. And thanks for today. I really did enjoy myself."

She smiles and lets her way out.  I immediately take out my phone. I just really miss her and want to hear her voice. I hope she's not too busy. 

It rings for what feels like forever until the call finally connects. I don't wait for her to greet me. 

"Cheryl?"