Chapter 2 - The Adoption Meeting

Mrs and Mr. Dursley sit down on the table.
"We wan't a flaming good kid, not a bad one like those other we saw playing." Yelled Mrs. Dursley.
"We have bad child and we don't won't two! Be sure that this one is bloody good before you drop her on our doorstep!" Yelled Mr. Dursley.
"That's not really how it works, sir." Said Ms. Hollad calmly.

Saint George's Children's Orphanage was not really a great orphanage, firstly anyone was allowed to adopt.

Lucy already loathed this family.

"What's her name?!" Screamed Mr. Dursley. "Her na-" Started Ms. Hollad.
"Not you, you idiot! I want the girl to speak! Petunia, she looks awfully like Harry. Better not trust this one as much as Dudders!"
"Ummm...My name is Lucy, sir." Lucy said. Ms. Hollad nudged her under the desk so Mr and Mrs. Dursley couldn't see (not that would care).
"Oh. Yes, my name would be Lucy Dursley if you were to be so kind to adopt me." Ms. Hollad nudged her, again.
"Owww. I am 10 turning 11 in July."

Before she knew it Mrs and Mr. Dursley were adopting her. She was leaving on Friday.

Lucy was glad to leave the orphanage, finally. Although she really didn't want to live with these idiots.
So she packed up her trunk. It took I long time, Lucy had never packed a trunk before.

The day before she left (on Thursday evening), Ms. Hollad wanted to speak with her about her family history. Which was great because Thursday evenings was her dishwashing day, so she was willing to go.

«««

Lucy walked into Ms. Hollad's room. It was a dark gloomy room with absolutely NO organisation!
All of the files (most likely family history files) were scattered ALL over the floor. Adoption paperwork was all over her desk.
"Ms. Hollad?" Said Lucy.
"Sorry Lucy please excuse the mess, an owl cams flying through the window."
It certainly looked it, there was feathers everywhere.
"It was holding a letter" Continued Ms. Hollad, Lucy was wondering why she was telling her this.
"From a school in London. Hogwarts? Do you know of such place?" Asked Ms. Hollad.
"No ma'am, I don't know of such place. Excuse me but why are you telling me this?" Asked Lucy curiously.
"It was adressed to you. Anyway I didn't open the letter, here you go." Ms. Hollad gives Lucy an odd letter with the words Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
"Open it tomorrow with your new family." Ms. Hollad said.
"Anyway you obviously got my letter about me wanting to meet with you and tell you about your family's history?" Ms. Hollad said calmly. "Please sit down."
"Thank you ma'am." Lucy said.
"So where are my files!?" Ms. Hollad said to herself. Lucy wasn't suprised that she couldn't find them. The place was a total mess.
After about two minutes, Ms. Hollad finally found them.
"Ah. Here we go! The Potters! See, Lucy there's not that much infomation, they keeped there family very private." She said.
Lucy was a Potter? Like a Pot? What? Apparently she comes from pot makers! She liked the sound of it though, Lucy Potter? Lucy Marley Potter? She thought it was quite pretty sounding.
"Oh! Wow! Lucy your mum's name was Lily, her name was firstly Lily Evans, then she met you father, who was James Potter, they married and had you and your brother." Ms. Hollad said.
"A brother! Where is he!? What's his name?" Lucy demanded.
"Harry Potter. Harry James Potter, born on the 31st July 1980, he's your twin. No, Lucy he didn't go to this orphanage, though."
"Where are my parents?"
"They died in Godric's  Hollow, that's a beautiful place to die, although I find it quite spooky."