Chapter 8 - The Sorting Ceremony

They were finally at Hogwarts!
Lucy and Harry looked at each other, they almost cried. They were out of the Dursleys, out of the orphanage and now they were somewhere that their parents had been.

Lucy grabbed Harry and they went into a long hug.
"Oi! Stop snogging each other would you?"
Harry and Lucy both could tell whose voice that was.
"Was it just me dear brother or did you see Malfoy here with his mummy-kins when we were boarding the train?" Lucy said extra loud so everyone around them could hear.
"And Malfoy. Please clean out your brain! We aren't snogging!" She said quieter.
Malfoy's face was going bright red.
Harry and Lucy laughed really hard.

Mrs. McGonagall directed the 1st years out of the way of the older students. To a place near the Great Hall.
Lucy was almost shaking as much as a saucepan that had fell on the floor, she looked at her brother. He was either a REALLY good actor or he just wasn't scared.
What if I am in Slytherin? Then I couldn't see Harry as much.
And I would be stuck with Draco. Ugh. No! I would be in any other house but the one he's in. I don't want him in her life.
"Hermione Granger." Mrs. McGonagall said loudly. Lucy wanted to be in her house. She would be a Ravenclaw. Never mind.
"Mmmm. I see. I see. Very, very smart, but even more courage! I see. Difficult. Very difficult." The hat said. Tension was in the air. Everyone could feel it. Even the older students who didn't even know her.
"Better be GRYFFINDOR!"
Hermione got off the stool and ran over to Gryffindor table. She obviously didn't really care what house she was in.
"Ronald Weasley."
"Good luck Ron." Said Harry.
Ron's sorting was easy.
"GRYFFINDOR!"
"Ava Potter."
Harry and Lucy looked at each other.
What the hell?

Harry mouthed: Read her mind.

Lucy did.

Looking at Harry and Lucy...How was she going to tell them

"Harry, she is our sister." Lucy whispered
"WHAT!" Harry whispered loudly.

"A Potter. Haven't seen your family in a long time."
Lucy felt like crying.
Of anger,
Of sadness
And
Of happiness.

"SLYTHERIN!" The hat screamed.

Harry looked at Lucy, Lucy was sure that he had a tear in his eye. Lucy was already crying.
"Harry Potter."
Harry looked down, breathed, blinked then walked up. Everyone was looking at him.
Mrs. McGonagall placed the hat on his head. Lucy wiped her tears.
"Ahhh. Difficult. Very difficult. Not a bad mind, a lot of courage I see and a desire to prove yourself."
Harry gulped, I don't think he really cared as much to not be in Slytherin since Ava Potter was sorted there.
"Better be, GRYFFINDOR!"
Harry still looked delighted tl be sorted into Gryffindor anyway.
"Lucy Potter."
Relax, it's okay, relax. Breathe Lucy. Breathe.
She sat on the stool, Mrs. McGonagall placed the heavy sorting hat on her head.
"Another Potter! My god is there any more?"
Probably. Emily thought.
"Why so tense? Never mind."
"Ahh, smart, very smart. Very brave, not honest so that excludes Hufflepuff."
A moan from Hufflepuff.
"So what's left is Slytherin, Ravenclaw and Gryffindor."
I know the bloody houses! I don't which one I am okay?
"Quite a temper I see. Better be..."

Silence

"GRYFFINDOR!"

What a relief.