XI. Tokwa't Baboy! (Part 1)

I am scared.

I am always scared -- scared of the things that are beyond my control and things that are outside of my comfort zone.

Ako 'yun.

Ganun ako.

Ganun ang isang Ma. Yzabeth Katigbak.

But for some reason, I feel at home here at Poche Bar. Damang-dama kong welcome lahat dito. Kahit sino. Marami kaming mga regular customers na puro magbabarkadang tumatambay dito. This place is always filled with laughter and fun and music. 'Yung kahit pagod na pagod na ko from school, excited pa rin akong pumasok dito sa work.

Does it have anything to do with the people working here? Is it because of they're warm, friendly personalities? Or does it have something to do with how the owner envisioned it to be? Ang galing lang... ganito ba 'yung naiisip ni Sir John nung sinisimulan niyang itayo 'tong Poche Bar? I'd say this bar had the exact same character like that of Sir John's. Friendly. Approachable. You feel comfortable around him. Fun. Exciting. Cute.

Hoy, Yza! Sigurado ka bang 'yung Poche Bar pa 'yung dini-describe mo?

Ehem.

Back to the bar...

Poche Bar has an open-space motif. There's literally no walls surrounding it. Para kang papasok sa gubat dahil halos puro gawa sa kahoy 'yung mga gamit dito sa bar. Mapapaisip ka nga kung ilang puno ang pinutol para lang sa mga 'to. The tables were made out of rustic woods paired with cedar log chairs. 'Yung mga upuan na walang sandalan. Some chairs were long hardwood benches, 'yung iba literal na pabilog na gawa mismo sa kahoy. There's variety of chairs and tables, yet they're all made out of wood. Not one spot is the same.

Since it's open space, there was no need for AC so they settled with mahogany ceiling fans with lights. Sa gabi, sobrang ganda ng mga ilaw dito sa bar. There were light bulbs and lamps.

And of course the center bar, oh the bar! It was the best looking bar I have ever seen my whole life. It was made of a longleaf lumber with round wooden stools. And behind it was a huge wooden shelf with a vast collection of liquors and spirits and wines. Meron din napaka linis at kintab na salamin na nakakabit dun sa pader. Madalas kong nakikita 'yung iba kong co-workers na nagse-selfie doon. Maganda kasi yung lighting at instagram worthy.

There's also a rectangular blackboard atop the shelf, where we use a white chalk to write down any promotions or limited-offer drinks. Minsan pa nga magdro-drawing dun sila MC ng kung anu-ano. Minsan smiley faces or kung anu-anong chibi anime nilalagay nila. Pinaka favorite ng lahat 'yung ginawa ni MC na caricature ni Sir John. Haha. Super cute nun. Doon ko lang din natuklasan na Fine Arts Major pala si MC. It explains the artsy tattoo all over her body. She's into art and one could tell she's very creative. Meron pa nga siyang cursive quote na tattoo placed fashionably at the length of her neck. I never had the chance to actually read what it says. Kasi you literally have to tilt your head just to read it.

Meron pang isang mas maliit na version nung bar located at the far corner just adjacent to it. Dun naman 'yung mga barista. Dun ginagawa 'yung isa pang klase ng mga drinks na inooffer ng Pocher Bar - 'yung may caffeine. Dun ginagawa 'yung mga brewed coffee, hot tea, etc. Hindi pa nga ako nabibigyan ng training dun eh. But for someone like me who is afraid of every little thing... I am actually looking forward to get trained in that mini bar.

I think... I think I am in love with this place. Inuulit ko dito mismo sa bar ah!!! Sa bar!!!

Napatigil ako sa pag-wawalis. Oo, it was my turn to sweep the floor. I stopped when I saw Sir John by the end of the bar. Naka-upo siya dun with his laptop. Ganyan naman yan, usually kapag kailangan niya i-replenish 'yung inventory dun siya umuupo. He would rather sit here with the customers rather than sit in his office at the back. Sir John then smiled and waved to a customer when they were at the counter to order. I watched him as he animatedly talk to them.