Frienemies

Flora stepped forward, her sword already drawn. I quickly raised mine and heard the clang of the metals meeting. For fucks sake, I had to fight Flora? She's one of my closest friends. Well, was I guess. Her sword ripping through my pants made it clear she'd picked her side.

Our fight was almost like a dance, we were working with each other. Which is odd, when my first assumption was that Flora wanted to kill me. When examining Flora's tactics and uses of her sword today I noticed that none of her attempted blows would have been fatal, did she actually have some good left in her? Maybe she did when it comes to Flora, but why was she being so merciful with me?

"You're being indecisive, Flora. It seems you cannot bring yourself to kill me. Having second thoughts about your side?" I spoke, my voice would have calmed anyone else, but it only infuriated Flora. She shook her head at my comment, a cruel grin spreading across her face. She lunged forward, the tip of her sword aimed at my stomach. I dodged it, but only because of my huntress reflexes.

Flora kept advancing on me, pushing me back until I almost fell into the middle of Kal and Crystal's fight. But I held my ground and began swiping at Flora's arms and legs, which logically was the best place to aim to injure her if I wanted her to move back. And it worked, we were back where we started out fight. From the corner of my eye I could see Elsa emerging into this battle scene, to get my focus back into the fight I swiped my blade across Flora's leg. It seemed she was distracted by a groan that sounded like it came from Hadley; in that second I managed to shove my sword into her stomach.

For a moment I thought I'd won our fight, until Flora's small framed and powerful body disappeared from my line of vision and I felt the cold metal of a blade against my throat. She seemed to be breathing heavily, obviously the teleporting tires her out. I bet she's really worked up a sweat killing all her friends.

"Now be careful will you, don't get blood all over my knife." Flora said with a sadistic hint to her voice, as she raises her knife dramatically. In midair the blade began cracking; the whole thing was being frozen to the point of destructive. The knife split into hundreds of tiny pieces, falling from the hilt of the knife and leaving Flora only armed with the small wooden piece and bleeding from her lower stomach.

Elsa stepped forward, looking at the destroyed blade with a smirk plastered across her rounded face. She raised her hand, summoning a strong blizzard around only Flora, I could see the effect doing this was having on Elsa and wondered why she would care enough to do this for me. Elsa lifted Flora through the cold winds she was controlling, and carried her over the forest before pushing the blizzard in an untold direction. This wasn't the last time I'd face Flora, and I knew that for sure.

I turned on my heels to face Elsa, a wide smile covering my face. She saved me. She could come back home now, back to camp. Everything could be good again. As I looked around for Elsa my joyous mood was quickly interrupted by the sight of her usually strong held body sprawled across the ground. She was paler than usual, only being able to hold her eyes open for a few seconds at a time. In the moment I saw her I collapsed at her side. My heart felt like it was sinking to the ground just as I did. I took her hand in mine, giving it a comforting squeeze and a smile to match. I could feel the tears welling up in my eyes as I realised how much energy summoning that blizzard must have drained from her. Elsa weakly tried to shake my hand off before speaking.

"Remember when you called Flora my 'new' best friend? Yeah. Fuck you." Her eyes fell shut, guilt filling up my body like an overflowing sink. I didn't bother to check her pulse. I ran through the crowd of fighting demigods, grabbing Dynemia by the shoulder and pulling her from her fight and slashed my sword through the throat of her opponent. I dragged her up the stairs of the shining house, pulling a block of rock from the ground and smashing through the door. It didn't faze me, drain me of energy or affect me at all. I was powered by anger now.