Thirty One

Chen Linong

"Wait! Wait! Wait!"

I run as fast as I can because Jonghyun's chasing me with a star fish in his hand I don't know where he find that and if it's allowed to hold that thing that way.

"Just hold it!"

"Noooo!"

I appreciate the beauty of starfish but holding it was just too much for me to handle.

"Just a touch then I'll let you go."

I look at him and the starfish I close my eyes and give my hand to him. I felt something rough and the thought of how it looks makes me cringe.

"I touched it already okay! Bring it back to wherever you get it!"

I said then run away from him again. I heard him laugh and when I look back he is on his way to one of the boat there in the beach.  He talks to the man standing there and reach our for the startfish, he looks back at me then wave I waved back and give him a smile. I look around which I usually do whenever I am in an unknown place or whether I am in a place fmiliar with me but doesn't feel safe.

"Let's go."

That's the first thing he said when he's back.

"Where?"

He didn't answer so I just followed him. I saw many different types of restaurants around but we stop at a nipa house like eatery. I look at him and he proudly smile at me.

"They serve one of the best Filipino cuisine here."

Out of curiosity I scanned the area it looks so simple and cozy at the same time, the aura it's giving me is like home. When we settled our place a young man welcomed and wait for our orders.

Jonghyun placed the orders for us.
"Is the food safe here?"

He laughs sweetly at me then nod."The best!"  Minutes  later the food came and we start digging,

Wow. I can't believe that there is a food taste like this in here. I especially loving the Sinigang na hipon (Filipino Shrimp Soup in tamarind broth)

"I think I am full already!"

I hold my tummy and he just laugh at me, they also serve halo-halo for dessert I didn't know I will actually enjoy this.

I saw Jonghyun keeps on checking his watch for the time and he seems oblivious of the surrounding.

"Are we going to visit some place?"

His eyes widen when he returned his gaze at me. He is cute whenever he does that.

"A-Ah no?"

I laughed because of that, what is he thinking? He paid for what we eat then we walk for a while. I don't know where we are going but I just follow him.

"Where are we?"

He looks at me  the smiled widely.

"This is where I first learn how to play baseball."

I look around at the oval field and I noticed some kids playing on the side.

"How d'you learn? Who taught you?"

"No one. I learned the basics from watching and then learned the terminologies in school."

I just nodded.

"D'you want to learn some?"

I smiled at him and nodded continuously. He laughs because of my reaction.

"What do you want to be? Pitcher or catcher?"

"I want to be the umpire!"

I ran after saying that and he chase me again, "You! Get back here as long as I am talking to you nicely!"

"Why? What would you do?"

I teased back, he just smirked at me but that made me scared so I stop running and walk to him with an innocent face and smile flash on.

"Good."

We started playing and he teaches me some techniques ni batting, Pitching and catching, I can tell that he could be a great coach someday because I learned easily. After that we went back to his house and change clothes because it reeks with sweats.