Fit for a Prince

Third Person POV

"Excuse me, WHAT?!" Yuuichiro shouted. His parents looked at him with pity. They had just told him he has to go to a ball. His first ball. And it's a royal ball.

"Look Yuu, I know that you haven't exactly socialized throughout your life but I think this is a good opportunity..." Queen Akemi spoke slowly and gently.

"Your Mother's right, Yuuichiro." King Iku said gruffly.

Yuu pinched the bridge of his nose, "I'll go then, Mother, Father. But... ugh, how do I...." He sat down and sighed, slightly blushing, "What do I say to them?"

His mother clapped her hands excitedly, "Oh Yuu, we'll have Shinoa and Yoichi go with you!"

Yuu sighed at the mention of the certain Hiragi princess, but was content if Yoichi was going. "Okay mother...."

"Great! They're up in your room right now!" His mother shooed him upstairs.

(Short) Yoichi POV

Shinoa and I perked up at the sound of a gentle knock at the door, and Yuu-kun walked in a few moments later. His dark hair bounced slightly, and his pale skin, starved from sunlight, shone.

But his eyes, oh, beautiful emerald, ever so green, they always look like someone is putting a spotlight on them— oops! He's talking! I'd better listen.

"—will I say to the people there? I don't socialize!" He looked frazzled, and it didn't suit him. Shinoa was smirking.

"If you show them your weak side they'll clobber you. Be conFIDENT!" She puffed out her chest. Yuu only rolled his eyes, sat down and put his head in his hands.

"What will I do...?" He sounded close to crying. Shinoa stood up straight and realized he wasn't joking. I walked over to Yuu and kneeled in front of his tiny frame.

"Yuu you'll be fine! Just show them your true self!" I grasped his shoulders comfortingly. Shinoa rubbed circles on his back. He looked up slowly, with tears threatening to fall from his eyes. How precious.  I almost drooled.

"Thanks guys. You're good friends."  He smiled dazzlingly at me- wait, friends?! Oh Yuu... no... that's the last thing I want to be...

To be continued... thanks for whoever is reading this so yah thanks sm ily people