↳ 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚘𝚗𝚎 ✗

──────⊹⊱✫⊰⊹──────

──────⊹⊱✫⊰⊹──────

two months before ;

THE SOUND OF HER phone ringing woke Katherine Phoenix up from her deep slumber, a groan escaping her lips as she sits up, bringing the thin sheets up to her bare chest, running a hand over her sleepy face.

Owen Grady groans from beside her, as her phone won't stop ringing, grabbing the pillow from underneath him and placing it over his head. "Shut that piece of shit off."

Katherine reaches over, grabbing her iPhone and pressing the green button, not bothering to check the caller ID. "Hello?"

"Hey Kat, it's Claire"

Katherine rubs her face a little more, trying to get the sleep away. "Oh hey, what's up Claire."

"You wanna go for lunch later? My treat."

She nods her head, but the remembers Claire can't see her. "Of course. I would enjoy that." Katherine smiles. She used to not be too fond of Claire Dearing, but after the fall of Jurassic World, the two got very close.

"Great, I'll see you in three hours."

Once Katherine heard the phone click, then falls back in the bed, the phone falling onto the sheets. Owen brings the pillow off of his face, rolling over towards Katherine, wrapping his arm around her waist and burying his face into her neck, half asleep. "What did she want."

Katherine hums in pleasure as Owen starts pressing kisses against her neck, her eyes fluttering shut. "She wants to take me to lunch."

His left hand moves to her hip as he starts to adjust himself so he's over her. "Seems nice."

Katherine just doesn't say anything, her hand moving to his chin to lift up his face, capturing his lips, her hands then moving to the back of his neck. Their lips moved slow, not full of lust but full of love and passion.

But their kiss didn't last long when the blankets that were hanging off the edge were being pulled, two soft growls going through the air. Katherine then pulls away, her head falling back onto the pillow. "They're awake."

Owen sighs, falling onto the bed next to Katherine. "I know."

Katherine sighs, sitting up and swinging her feet over the edge, trying to not step on Athena and Zeus, reaching over the two furry puppies and grabbing onto Owen's shirt, grabbing it and slipping it on. She then stands, walking to the little kitchen of their shared little bungalow.

After what happened in Jurassic world, Owen missed his little bungalow, and being the good girlfriend Katherine is, bought Owen a bungalow, and moved it to a mountainside, twenty minutes away from the nearest town. Owen in reply, gave Katherine the greatest sex in her life, and bought her two puppies, a male Husky, Zeus, and a female German Shepherd, Athena. Katherine dearly misses her dinosaurs, even the one who created the great disaster, so she was beyond grateful when Owen brought home the two puppies, the two puppies are close to the same age, Zeus being older by one week, the two puppies being three months old.

But considering that Katherine nor Owen has a job, both are deathly bored. They both have a ton of money from working at Jurassic world over the years, and then the fall of it, which all of the employees got paid a lot of money for. Owen is now building a cabin by the bungalow from scratch, by himself, Katherine occasionally helping but trying to train her two puppies.

Katherine and Claire still keep in touch, Claire living about an hour away, the two meeting up for lunch half away or for a beer. Claire changed her ways a lot, she's not too bossy nor is she uptight.

Once Katherine was done pouring the puppy food, she walked back into their shared room to get ready for the day.

Claire Dearing smiles brightly at Katherine when she walks into the restaurant, walking towards where Claire was sitting, by a window.

"Hello."

Katherine sits down in the chair across from her, "what's up." She smiles at Claire, noticing her long hot longer, and it was up in a pony tail, the color is slightly fading to look strawberry blonde instead of red. "Lookin' cute."

Claire smiles at her, but it quickly fades as she inhales deeply, lacing her fingers together as she becomes full serious, Katherine raising her eyebrows. "They're still alive."

Katherine tilts her head to the side. "What?"

"Blue and Rox." Claire wraps her fingers around her glass, bringing it to her lips.

Katherine was taken aback, leaning back in her chair, scratching the side of her eyebrow. "Umm, how do you know that?"

Claire sighs, lowering her glass down, reaching into her bag that was hanging off the chair and pulling out a computer. "They all have trackers, remember? It also tells if they are injured, or if they are dead." Her fingers run over the laptops keys quickly. She then spins the laptop around, reveling a screen with map and a blue dot, labeled subject A2, which is Blue. She points to the screen, "See there? There's Blue." She then presses another button which shows a red dot on a map, labeled subject A10, which is Rox. "And there's Rox."

Katherine sighs, leaning back into the chair, trying to keep her emotions from spilling out. "Okay, they're alive. What do you need Claire?"

Claire closes her laptop, leaning forward. "Come with me, back with me to the island."

Katherine shakes her head. "Why?"

"The volcano there, might erupt. It's showing signs of activity." Claire sighs, leaning back in her chair. "If it does, every dinosaur on the island will die."

Katherine ignored the pain she felt in her chest after hearing her remaining two dinosaurs might die. "And?"

"We can save them. Transfer them to a different island." 

Katherine sighs. "Have you talked to Owen about this?"

She shakes her head. "I was hoping I can get to you and you can tell Owen."

Katherine purses her lips. "Contact Owen, and then get back to me." She then stands to her feet, adjusting her leather jacket. "It was good seeing you Claire."

──────⊹⊱✫⊰⊹──────

prologue is up!

hey it's been a while since i updated but that's because i was so stressed. i at least wanted to post the prologue.

don't be a silent reader,
vote , comment , vote

unedited