↳ 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎 ✗

⁂

THE LARGE METAL GATE opened up slowly with a bang, for the five big dark green vehicless that looked like it came from the army. The truck suddenly comes to a stop inside the gated large box, the doors they came through slamming shut.

Katherine raises her eyebrows as Franklin as he sprays his arms over and over again with what Katherine is assuming is bug spray. He then rubs it into his arms, before turning to the two men wearing uniforms sitting next to him, offering them some bug spray; "bug spray?" they stay silent, but shake their head, politely declining. Franklin then turns to his left side, offering the man next to him. "bug spray?" the man denies, and it was quiet for a while. Franklin clutches his bag tightly, starting to get a little anxious; "The t-rex should be dead by now, right?"

Katherine opens her mouth to reply, when the girl sitting next to her beats her to it; "Yeah, well, it's impossible to know the max life span of a clone in a completely different environment." Katherine was slightly taken aback by what Zia was saying; "Take a caveman that would've lived twenty years. Feed him prime meals, give him healthcare, he's gonna live. . . five times as long."

            "She. Rox is still alive."

   Franklin stared at Katherine for a minute who didn't realize the additional anxiety, on top of his other anxiety, she just gave the poor boy, Katherine sharping her knife. Franklin glances back at Zia, and a tiny smile appears on his lips, drawing out his next words; "so, she'd hopefully be dead by now, right?"

   Katherine felt her stomach drop slightly when she came in view of the park from the green grassy hills the trucks were currently driving on. She could see the Mosasaurs lake, the in sky railroads hanging down into the lake, the hotels falling apart and looking completely abandoned.

     The trucks went into the main village, driving down the now dirt road along with muddy puddles towards the main center of the park, the John Hammond research center, the roof caving along and some windows either broken or shattered. The little shops or restaurants, were run down as well, plants or moss growing on the old stone. Katherine could see the occasional child's toy of a dinosaur around, along with tracks of dinosaurs over the days, weeks, months, and possibly years. Katherine's eyes then land on the entrance to T-Rex Kingdom, and that was when she felt the tears fill up in her eyes. She's not the one to cry, she rarely does, but this really hits her.

    She swallows thickly, flashbacks of what happened that night running through her head. She tears her eyes away from the window, clasping her hands together and bringing them to her lips as her elbows rested on her knees. this was her fault, the fall of Jurassic World was her fault. If she went to Mr. Masrani and told him about the high dangers of what could happen with having Alaska alive, she could of gotten her terminated before Alaska gotten older. If she trained her better and harder, this wouldn't of happened. Claire glances down at Katherine, seeing the state she was in before glancing up at Owen who sees the same thing, the two giving each other worried looks. Claire reached over, squeezing Katherine's knee. In return, Katherine placed her hand over Claire's, squeezing back.