↳ 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚒𝚡 ✗

⁂

AS FRANKLIN WAS STARTING to get the computer system turned on and working, Zia glanced at Claire. "Are we sure these biometric chips are still transmitting? Batter would be dead by now."

Claire shrugs softly. "The dinosaur is the battery. They're powered by body heat and movement."

Katherine lets out a soft hum, she never knew that. Franklin snaps his fingers, pointing to the panel that light up. "Hand." Claire put her hand on the blue screen, the screen then turning green in comfirmination. The lights powered on along with the computer. Franklin gave a small smile before turning back to the screen. Right as Zia was about to ask how long it'll take, Franklin chimes in with, "I'm in."

A map of the island appeared on the screen, blue dots showing all tracking devices of the dinosaurs. Katherine couldn't help furrow her eyebrows at the sight of a clump of blue dots. She leans forward slightly, pointing at it. "That looks like it's by the east dock."

Wheatley clears his throat, coming to stand besides her. "That's our boat. We already captured a bunch of them."

Katherine shared a look with Owen, she doesn't like the gut feeling she is getting from this guy. Claire glanced over towards Wheatley confusingly. "Without the tracking system."

He doesn't take hise eyes off the computer. "The big herbivores were easy to find. Can you isolate that raptor and t-rex?"

"I need a species code."

"A-2 for the raptor and A-10 for the rex." It rolled off Katherine's tongue like a second language. She memorized every single code from her dinosaurs.

Franklin entered Blue's code first, immediately all the other blue dots disappeared besides one. She wasn't too far from them. Owen leaned into the screen slightly, his hand  pressing onto Katherine's lower back. "There she is." He whispers.

Katherine turns to Wheatley. "Owen and I need to borrow your truck." 

"I'm coming with you." Zia throws her backpack back on, adjusting the straps. "We don't know what kind of condition she might be in."

Wheatley stands in front of both girls, his hand raised. "Misses, things can get hairy out there."

Katherine narrows her eyes, stepping forward to Wheatley, "You undermestimate my power. Without me you wont be getting that raptor or that t-rex. Who do you raised and trained these animals? Unless you want to get eaten your safest bet is going with me." She had no patience to tolerate with his bullshit.