🍒4

Seven years later...

Daniel took a long sip of his stale coffee and started at the newspaper on the table. He had just driven in from a long drive into this small kind of run-down town. He ordered coffee from a redhead waitress and that's when he saw an ad from a camp wanting an extra counselor. He placed his mug on his napkin and flipped through the newspaper. There, did he find his past.. accomplishments? The headlines were "WHOLE CAMP FOUND DEAD" and the text recounted the gruesome crime and their suspicions on who committed it. Daniel stopped reading as they called the prep fat.

He dropped the newspaper and was just about to bring the mug to his lips before a waitress approached his table. "It's a shame, hm?" She spoke before cleaning off the table next to him. Daniel slowly drank some coffee before answering, "What is?"

"Well, the article of course," She gestured to the newspaper forgotten on the table and Daniel looked over it like he's never seen it before, "All those cute children, they had bright futures ahead. And their counselor too.." She shook her head and made a small 'tsk' noise. She stopped wiping down the table and came closer to Daniel. He looked down to read her name tag but it was faded, probably from age. He looked up at her face and made a little note about her obnoxious reddish-pink hair. "I guess so," Daniel nodded and picked up his mug, finishing it off and placing it near the freckled waitress.

They were all impure. Daniel did what he had to, to please Xeemüg and to properly cleanse the world of mistakes. He supposed he could've cooled it with the counselor but in his opinion, stringing her up and removing any form of identification was classy. Anyway, she was messing around with her superior, it was obvious by the state of her clothes and how clean the counselors' cabin was. Daniel cleared his throat and coughed, standing up and switching the newspaper to show off the ad instead of his own deeds. He placed it under his arm and left a crisp five dollar bill on the table. The waitress smiled at Daniel and set off to clean his table as he stepped out of the shop.

The bright sun was slightly irritating as he pulled up to the camp. Daniel parked his spotless white car in the shade in what kind of seems like a parking lot. In reality, it was just crooked lines in the dirt and the beginnings of a shabby fence. Just like the rest of the town, this camp was run down and poor. He moved toward his trunk and pulled out a suitcase. Usually, he's able to work in a minimum of two weeks but with the more poorer camps forms more tight-knit communities and that at least takes three and a half weeks. Maybe if he finishes early, Xeemüg would be proud of him. His heart sinks slightly but Daniel ignores it as he pulls out his white suitcase.

He looked down at his signature white watch and sighs slightly. 6:30 a.m. It's going to be a long couple of weeks. Daniel slammed down the trunk and started making his way up to the camp. The first sight he sees is a huge sign with 'Camp Campbell' printed although the 'bell' was covered with a black Sharpie marker.

The camp is quiet as he navigated his way toward the counselors' cabin. There's no activity and it makes Daniel question how early he came. Maybe he should just turn back and wait for another few hours. But it's too late as he already knocked on the door. "Hello?" He called out and slightly swung himself back and forth on his feet, "I'm here for the job listing!" Suddenly the door flew open to reveal a dark-skinned woman, presumably around 23. Her.. strange purple eyes were full of excitement and wonder as she first answered but they soon fell as she actually laid eyes on Daniel.

He noticed the shift but didn't let it put a damper on his façade. "Good morning!" Daniel smiled and took a big whiff of the air. It smelled like manure and uncleanliness. "Smell that fresh mountain air! Gosh, that's the kind of nature you don't find in any old neck of the woods!" Daniel chuckled and pretended he didn't hear her, "Oh dear Lord no,".