☁️7

Max glared at Daniel as he was tending to Dolph's talentless painting. He had spilled a large glob of dark green and that fucking cultist was barely holding back Dolph's waterworks. He had nothing against Dolph but he could get extremely overprotective over his paintings. Like, annoyingly protective. "They're my children," Dolph would smile like it was something to brag about.

He has some issues, that eight-year-old.

Anyway, the cultist has finally gotten him to calm down and at least try to work it in his piece. He was sauntering over to Idiotic David and they launched into conversation. Max seethed and suddenly the green crayon in his tiny fist snapped. He dropped his gaze for a second to admire the swirled and scribbly mess of green on his paper. Max wiped away the crayons and they rolled onto Nikki's drawing. He just pushed the paper away from him and continued to stare at the two adults.

"You know, when people use the expression, 'if looks could kill' they're being dramatic. Doesn't actually work." Neil didn't look up from his drawing of blueprints of another 'ingenious invention as he poked fun at Max with his matter-of-fact tone. Max lingered on them before turning to his right. "Yeah, shut the fuck up Neil. I'm the only one without their head stuck so far in Daniel's ass and I could see through his bullshit." He grumbled and crossed his arms over his chest. "Hey!" Nikki punched Max in the arm, thankfully the blue hoodie Max always wore had some extra padding, "Our heads aren't in anybody's ass! We believe you, Max."

The blue-haired girl spoke too loud and gained the attention of David who broke off their conversation and decided to walk over. "Hi, David!" Nikki smiled and grabbed a brown crayon and colored in her bear on her paper. "Hi Nikki," David gave the girl a soft smile that made Max sick to his stomach, "Mind your language, yeah?" The redhead glanced over everybody's work but slightly frowned at Max's.

He grabbed a red crayon and flipped over his paper, pushing them to Max. "How about you draw something more, hm?"

Max spat out, "Oh right, this piece is called, 'Why did Dumbass David Hire a Fucking Cultist?!'" and with that, he drew a large X over a sketch of Daniel and wrote, 'fuck cults' in the corner. He balled it up and threw it at David's chest. "Max.." David sighed and picked up the balled up paper. He sat down in front of three children and leaned in slightly. "Daniel is not a cultist." Max rolled his cyan eyes and rolled the crayon back and forth with disinterest. "What's your real problem with Daniel?"

That question seemed to make the whole world stop spinning. Max stopped rolling the crayon and watched it roll to the edge of the table and fall off. He had no real problem with David, his problem was him being a cultist and people being so fucking blind to obviously see how evil Daniel is. It isn't a coincidence that the camp just so happened to gain a new counselor when there are all these batshit crazy cult murders happening. Believe him, he's seen the gruesome pictures of what could only be Daniel's work. And no matter how much of a fucking idiot David is, he doesn't.. necessarily want him strung up like a Christmas tree.

Fucking idiot.

"The only problem I have is with you! How could you be so stupid, David? He's a cultist! Nobody, and I mean nobody wears full-on white and not be apart of a cult!" Max banged his tiny fist on the table and glared into David's eyes as his lips formed a sigh.

"I want you to write an apology. There's no way to treat our new friend like that! And Max, if you want to keep denying the real reason you seem to be bullying Daniel, feel free. But it's going to come out soon enough." With that pointless statement, he stood up and went to join him.

"I gotta admit, Max," Neil slowly began as Max was fuming, "He's been with us for a good couple of days and there hasn't been a single suspicious action. Letting go that first activity." Nikki nodded profusely, "Plus he let us go into the lake! Twice! Gwen never lets me go near bottomless and it was the fish accepted me as their own!" Neil leaned forward to glance at Nikki with concern in his eyes before turning to Max, nodding.