Seven

[i wrote this chapter on my phone, sorry for any errors! also this is more of a filler chapter, lolololol]

If there was anything Barry loved the most in life, it was the calming atmosphere of a library. From the smell of books, to the quietness that covered his body from head to toe, Barry was hooked. If he didn't have anything planned for the day, or even the night, he'd always find himself in the university's library until the kind old lady behind the desk had to shoo him out. Margret knew him well enough that she was long past thinking Barry might be up to anything, with how often and late he found himself there, and instead teased him for yet again getting lost in the worlds of books. Often enough, Margret would even let him check out whatever book he had in his hands, despite it being past the time the doors should've already been locked.

It was where Barry found himself currently. He was in the middle of some murder mystery story that wasn't very good, when he could hear the chatter of a group enter the library. As usual, Margret shushed them, reminding them gently that there were students either reading or studying for tests, and they quickly calmed down. It was hard to get mad at Margret. She was insanely too sweet for her own good. Out of the corner of his eye, Barry could see one of the guys watching him. He was dressed in a pair of black skinny jeans and a loose grey hoodie, the hood of it on the verge of falling off the top of his head. His blond hair fell into his eyes, and Barry was too busy pretending to read his book to get the color of his eyes. The feeling of being watched passed soon enough, and the group disappeared behind a wall of books. Barry let out a breath he hadn't realised he had been holding, and went back to his book.

When the time for the library to close came, Barry closed the book without bothering to remember what it was before sliding it back into the spot he found it. Usually, if he was in the middle of reading a book, he'd check it out and take it home, but the book wasn't very interesting, and it didn't really keep his attention, so he simply slipped it back into its slot. He gave a friendly wave to Margret as he passed, a smile finding its way onto his face as Margret just grinned at him.

As he walked out of the older building, Barry could once again feel eyes on him, but he ignored it. Continuing in his path, Barry started his walk back home. It was times like the current that he wished he had a car to get him to and from the school. As it was, Barry couldn't exactly afford to get a car. Anything he made went towards paying towards school, or any miscellaneous bills he had to pay. The last thing he needed was to pay for all the expenses of school. Jitters only paid so much, and he was already wondering if he needed to pick up another job to pay for everything.

Footsteps could be heard behind him, making Barry's heartbeat pick up. Oliver had taught him enough in self-defense that if he needed to, Barry could at least hold his own until help came, if needed. Fumbling a bit, Barry pulled his phone out, dialing Oliver's number without second thought. When the older man picked up, Barry let out a shaky breath.

"Hey, Ollie, I might need a ride home tonight," he said, keeping his legs moving quickly. He couldn't stop.

"Yeah, of course. Where are you?" Oliver said, his voice bringing relief to Barry.

"I'm heading from the library at CCU," Barry answered quietly. "I don't...I can't stop moving, though, so look for me somewhere on the same street."

Picking up on the urgency, Barry could hear Oliver grabbing his motorcycle keys and the rustle of fabric signaling he was rushing out the door. "I'm on my way. You think you'll be okay until I pick you up?"

"Yeah. I'm fine right now. Please hurry, though."

"Yeah, of course. I'll be there as soon as I can."