The Mourning after

"Ow, why does my face hurt?" Raeleigh said first thing in the morning.

"Because you've been crying over asshat again." I said, sipping my orange juice.

"Oh now I remember." She said as her lip started quivering.

"Don't you dare start crying Rae. He doesn't deserve it, in fact I give it ten minutes till he's here apologizing and you're not going to talk to him, I am." I said, putting my hands on my hips.

"Oh don't get your short self all worked up." Asher said, walking into Raeleigh's room where both of us currently resided.

"I'm 5'6." I said, crossing my arms across my chest.

"Short." He stated and I rolled my eyes. "And actually I came up here to tell you that he's here ahead of time." He said in a monotone.

I looked at Raeleigh and then stalked past Asher and down the stairs, to see him standing there awkwardly in her front hall.

"She's not going to forgive you this time, I'll make sure of it." I said.

"I fucked up Brook." He said, scratching the back of his neck.

"Twice." I corrected.

"Its just, I don't know, Raeleigh doesn't put out as much as I need it." He said shrugging.

"She doesn't- she doesn't what? Excuse me!" I screamed, getting a running start at him, but before I could reach him to claw his face, I was swept up by a pair of strong arms holding me back.

"He's not worth it Brook, he's not worth it." He whispered in my ear, as I scratched and kicked and pushed at him, but he didn't budge.

"Brooklee." He whispered in my ear, nuzzling his lips into my neck.

I stopped thrashing, and stiffened.

"What are you doing?" I breathed.

"Distracting you." He breathed, lips against my neck.

"I- it's not working." I said, wriggling out of his arms. As soon as my feet hit the ground, I ran to Ryder and punched him square in the jaw. He yelped in pain but I needed to do one more thing. I swung my leg back and hit him square where it really hurt. He doubled over in pain and I heard Asher laughing in the background.

"Man. Fucking help!" He screamed in agony.

"Dude, you did it to yourself." Asher said.

"Get the fuck out of her house." I growled at him and he hobbled out as I slammed the door. Asher was still laughing but I shoved him out of the way my neck still burning where his lips were. I saw Raeleigh at the bottom of the steps looking at me like I came from another planet.

"I love you." She said.

"I know." I said flipping my blonde hair.

We both laughed and she followed me as we walked up to her room and spent the rest of the day in break up mourning.

...

"Yesterday was break up mourning and today means make up mourning. We have to go to a college party tonight!" I yelled, clapping my hands together as we sat in my room. We had just gotten to my house, after having a quick dinner at Raeleigh's.

"Why?" She asks smiling.

In unison we said, "Sophisticated, hot and totally out of our league!" We yelled together.

"I call the blue dress and heels that make my body look hot."I said quickly.

Raeleigh groaned and smacked her head. "What the hell am I supposed to wear now?" She said.

"Duh, the black mini skirt and white crop top with the knee high leather boots and the matching spike bracelet." I said.

"Ooooh yeah! The one that got you laid last time? Who was it if I remember correctly it was-"

"Don't say it!"

"Max Reynolds?" She finished with a smirk.

"Slut."

"Bitch."

"Whore."

"Your mom." She finished. We giggled and then we each grabbed the outfit of choice.

"Speaking of my mother, I have to go convince her were staying at your's again tonight." I said, the smile falling off my face.

"May the odds be ever in your favor." She saluted. I groaned walking out of my room and down the long hallway to the room at the end.

"Mother." I knocked.

"Yes darlin' come in." She said. I pushed the door open as she was putting the last of her earring in.

"Can I stay at Raeleigh's tonight?" I asked. She looked at me disapproval clear on her face.

"Didn't you stay last night?" She asked with a frown.

"Yes Mother, but tonight we have to talk about our English project that we start tomorrow at school." I answered.

"Well, fine, but if you stay tonight just remember you have to be at dinner on Tuesday with the Davidson's." She said.

"They live here and if I wanna eat I have to be with them regardless." I said rolling my eyes.

"Want to." She corrected. "And don't roll your eyes young lady." She scolded.

"Yes, mother." I said rolling my eyes again as I shut the door.

"I saw that young lady!" She called out. I laughed as I walked back to my bedroom.

"I do believe the odds were in my favor." I said in a fake accent to Raeleigh. She laughed and continued scrolling through her phone.

"Hey, there's this new male strip club that opened one town over a couple months ago called Python. We should go one time." She suggested. I shrugged and waved my hand packing my new clothes in an overnight bag and grabbing my purse.

"Let's go." I said. She jumped off my bed and grabbed her purse.

"Remember about Python." She said throwing her hand in the air in a fist pump.