Carly+Asher = Casher

"Did you hear that Courtney might have an STD?" My friend Brit said, Tuesday at lunch.

"Probably, being the biggest hoe in the school." I replied. Voices from across our table chimed into agree or disagree but I tuned out as my line of vision was suddenly focused on Asher making out with a girl from my Science class.

Carly?

"Hey who's that with Asher?" I asked, pointing and Raeleigh turned around to answer, seeing as she knows just about everybody at the school.

"Carly. Asher's girlfriend since junior year." She answered.

"Does she know that he lives with me now since his house burned down?" I ask, lowering my voice because not everybody knows or needs to know.

"Pretty sure he told her." She shrugged. "Why do you care?" She asks, eyes glowing with curiosity.

"I don't." I said quickly.

"Does Brooklee have crush?" My best friend Cayden asks.

"No! Do you have a crush on him? Are you jealous?" I teased.

"I mean he's hot but I don't go for the bad boy type." Cayden answered. The great thing about Cayden being gay was that he gave the best guy advice, and was super honest with you so basically anything you asked him would be answered truthfully unless in dire circumstance.

"Right right. Well I think he's a conceited arrogant asshole, and even if he didn't have a girlfriend I would still feel the same." I said, somewhat truthfully.

"Good because Carly is a nice girl, and she really does change him. He's a completely different person around her." Raeleigh said smirking at the flare of anger in my eyes and swirling a fry in ketchup.

"Speaking of the devil, here they come now." Cayden said, laughing at my expression.

"Hey y'all." Carly chirped.

"Hey everybody." Asher smiled.

Smiled? Asher Davidson smiling without any type of malice is something new.

"Hey." Everybody spoke up.

"I'm throwing a little get together at my house tomorrow night and I was wondering if any of y'all would like to come?" She asked. I rolled my eyes at her heavy country accent and Asher must have noticed because he glared at me.

"Yeah sure, Carla is it?" I ask her innocently.

"Carly. I'm in your science class." She stated.

"Oh that's right. Well yeah we'd love to come, thanks for the invite!" I said as fake enthuasticly as I could. The bitchiness in my tone was apparent to everybody but the little ball of sunshine and rainbows, and the confused stares everybody gave me were making me angry. I met Asher's dark brown eyes, which were now a deep brown thanks to the anger he was holding towards me. I smirked at him and flipped my hair rudely dismissing them.

"C'mon babe, we have better things to do." He whispered to her loudly. She giggled and wrapped her arm around his waist, his arm around her shoulders as he played with her hair.

....

"Honey, pass the corn please." My dad asked. I grabbed the glass bowl of corn and struggled to lift it as I passed it to him, I felt the weight come off a little as Asher helped it along. I glared at him and sat back in my seat, eating my mashed potatoes and pork chops as fast as I could so I could get out of this dinner.

"How was school you two?" Mrs. Davidson asked.

"Great."

"Fine."

"Anything new happen?" She asked.

"Nope."

"Nada."

"Oh alright." She spoke awkwardly.

"Well actually Mom, Carly invited us to her house tomorrow for a 'senior get together' so could we go?" Asher asked.

"Carly is such a sweet girl of course. That alright with you Sheryl?" She asked my mother.

"O' course it is." My mother nodded.

"I'm done. " I stood up putting my plate in the middle for our chef to take back later.

"Your excused. Go wash up for movie night please." My father said.

"Actually can I skip movie night tonight?" I ask, dreading having to sit in the same room as Asher for around two hours.

"No, you may not." He responded. I rolled my eyes and walked towards the stairs and into my bedroom, making it a point to slam my heavy wood door.

I grabbed a pair of my favorite movie night plush shorts and a sports bra and then threw my hair into a bun and washed my face of its makeup. Grabbing my favorite cashmere blanket and my old worn teddy I made my way to the movie room.

"Hunger Games or Catching Fire?" My dad asked.

"Hunger Games." I responded. Everyone turned to look at me and Asher's gaze lingered a little longer before turning back towards my dad.

"Hunger Games it is." He said popping it into the DVD. I plopped down into a recliner and set myself up with candy and popcorn as the credits rolled on the screen.

Every so often I'd turn around to find Asher watching me, but he'd quickly turn his head.

The last time I saw him he was looking at my legs and I tucked them in close to me as his eyes met my green ones. He muttered something under his breath and didn't look at me the rest of the movie.