Augustus Waters

CARTER (CHAPTER 24)

"Bubble tea," I smile to myself, remembering her words right before she walked away from me. "That damn tea really is amazing," I chuckle.

Sighing, I pick up my shirt and walk out of the living room. As I walk out, I hear laughter from the kitchen which makes me intrigued as to what is happening over there. I walk in the kitchen and I'm surprised to see Taylor cooking something on the stove.

"Yo dude, come and sit down. Taylor's about to make us breakfast," Chris says, patting the seat next to him.

"I didn't know you cooked Taylor," I ask her, sitting down next to Chris and Jack.

"You don't know a lot of things about me Carter." The sharpness of her tone when she says that surprises the shit out of me. And she's right. I don't know anything about her.

"Where are the plates?" she asks.

"The cupboard next to the stove," Jack says, making Taylor nod and walk to the cupboard, opening it. She then mutters something underneath her breath as she tries to reach for the plates. I laugh under my breath, causing her to turn around and give me the death stare. I quiet down, motioning her to continue with what she was doing.

She smiles and stands on her tippy-toes making the shirt that she's wearing rise up, showing off her long gorgeous legs.

Fuck, I got it bad.

After a good long minute of staring at her legs, Taylor grabs the plates and closes the cupboard, turning around with a smile, she flicks the middle finger at me.

"Damn dude, she doesn't mess around," Chris laughs, pushing my shoulder.

"Shut up Chris," I mutter.

"Thank you, Chris," she smiles at Chris, but then turns to me with a straight face. "And you," she points. "Don't be such a bully." My jaw drops shocked that she thinks I'm the bully in this household.

"Holy shit. She literally controls you," Jack says. "Taylor, I think I love you." She giggles, walking up to where we're sitting I watch as she gently places a plate of sunny side up eggs, bacon, and buttered toast for all three of us.

Just by looking at that, I hear my stomach start to grumble.

"Holy shit," Chris says, his mouth wide open in shock. "Thanks, Taylor! Or should I say our new mom of this household?"

"Don't fucking say that. It sounds weird," Jack tells him, placing a forkful of eggs in his mouth.

"Whatever," he bites his toast. "Hm, what about the new Queen of this household?" I raise an eyebrow at Chris while eating my breakfast in silence.

"And who's the King?" Jack asks, raising an eyebrow.

Pff, me of course." I cough right away, feeling the piece of toast choking my air hole. Taylor runs to the fridge and grabs me a water bottle, passing it to me as I quickly open the cap and chug it down.

"Thanks," I tell her, which she nods. "And what the hell did you say?" I then turn to look at Chris, wanting to punch that little smirk right off.

"King. Me. Duh," he mumbles as he chews his food.

"Mouth closed Chris," Jack reminds him.

"First off your "highness", this is not a castle nor a kingdom, second, you're not some little kid Chris, and third, why the hell do you get to be King? This is my house."

"Dude, calm down," he raises his hands. "You can be the King if you want to. I'd rather be the joker honestly. Jack, what do you wanna be?"

"Not in this conversation," Jack says, continuing to eat his breakfast.