Together Again

Sam, Bobby and Dean were all throwing their gear into the cars. After Dean had explained his dream to both hunters they took immediate action.

Apparently, Dean had only been asleep for less than an hour, during which he was very restless and noisy. Sam informed him that he had screamed Castiel's name to the heavens like three seconds before he had jerked awake. That was the reason they had both been staring at him so oddly. Dean felt his cheeks flush when Sam told him that but he tried to brush it off like it was nothing.

It had originally only taken Sam and Bobby half an hour to pack up their gear, but Dean suddenly told them to grab everything. He knew that they would not be coming back to this location again. Dean wasn't sure how he knew this, but he had a gut feeling in his stomach and he decided to run with it. The last time he hadn't listened to his instincts he got Cas taken by Crowley.  After it was all said and done, the group had taken about an hour to pack up everything from clothes and knifes to guns and holy water.  

Dean had commanded Sam and Bobby to throw all their crap into Bobby's car so there was enough space for Castiel in the Impala. When Bobby's car was slammed packed with all the gear of three people they got ready to go. The eldest Winchester told Bobby to just follow close behind him. He knew exactly where he was going. It still baffled him why he didn't think of this before. Crowley had unknowingly told him where he was going to keep Cas. He felt like a bigger idiot than Crowley had even guessed.

Dean started up the Impala and was about to shift her into drive when he suddenly stopped. Sam gave him a concerned and quizzical look as he rushed back into the motel room. There, in the bedside table was Castiel's angel blade. He had almost forgotten his lover's most precious weapon. These weren't all that easy to come by and this one was made specifically for Cas. He remembered the angel telling him all about this weapon.

It was made from some unnamed, unknown metal that could only be manufactured by God himself. There was enough created for each angel to have a single blade. Since so many angels had died over the past few years a few demons had gotten their hands on the blades. Cas had explained that since there was one for each angel that someone else's blade would feel unnatural in their hands. Their original blades were weighted, crafted, and linked directly a single angel. No other blades would ever feel right in their hands or during fights.  Dean wanted to be sure he never lost the one weapon that truly meant something to his boyfriend.

After Dean took a second to observe the shiny silver blade he tucked it into his belt. Then he ran back outside and jumped back into the Impala.

"What did you forget?" Sam asked as Dean revved the car's engine.

"Nothing......" He mumbled back softly.

With that they peeled out of the parking lot.

It took the group forty-five minutes to get somewhere that was only half an hour away.  Even with Dean driving, and he never took longer than the estimated time to get somewhere. There was just so much stuff in the road. The storms and disasters had caused so much destruction over the past four days. It was making navigating down roadways a very difficult thing.

"SON OF A BITCH!" Dean yelled. "THE ROADS ARE FUCKING, FUCKED MAN!"

"Dean calm down." Sam said as his brother fumed next to him.

"Do you see this Sammy??" Dean waved his hand to emphasis the destruction surrounding them. "The roads are beat to hell! There are car parts, and trees, power lines, and fucking glass everywhere."

Sam was quiet. Dean was right; he wasn't sure how the tires hadn't already popped or how they hadn't totaled the car yet.

"This is bullshit! What the hell happens if we blow a damn tire! That would take me twenty extra minute the change! Cas.... We need to help him!" Dean was rambling now. Somehow, even after getting only an hour of sleep he was more awake then he had been in days.  It was probably a mixture of adrenaline of an upcoming fight and the joy of getting his angel back.