Back on the Road Again

Cas wished he had gone alone from the moment he climbed into the shotgun seat of Dean’s Impala. He knew this had been a bad idea from the very start and the angel wasn’t wrong. Castiel wished that they hadn't changed motels because now they were no less than forty five minutes away from where Heather was.

He mentally cursed himself for bringing Gabriel with them on this trip. His brother was very distracting and the effects were rubbing off horribly on Sam. Ten minutes into the long trip and Castiel already wanted to strangle both of them.

The young angel sat quiet and stony faced in his seat as the radio station was change for at least the twentieth time in within a span of five minutes.

‘-CAUSE IT’S THE HEATTTT OF THE MOMENT!!  THE HEATTTT OF THE MOMENT! THE HEATTTT OF THE MOMENT SHONE IN YOUR EYESSSSS!!!-’ Castiel groaned inwardly as Gabriel used his angel mojo blast this song from the speakers. AGAIN. This must have been at least the tenth time this song had been played. His brother didn’t even play the music quietly. Gabriel was blasting the song as loud as the impala’s speakers could handle.

"Will you stop fucking with the damn music Gabriel!!!" Sam shouted as he slammed his hand into a button and changed the station back to the song he wanted to listen to. Since Sam didn't bother to turn the volume down his song played equally as loud as Gabriel’s had.

'-WHEN YOU FEEL MY HEART LOOK INTO MY EYES!!! IT’S WHERE MY DEMONS HIDE! IT’S WHERE MY DEMONS HIDE!!!-'

"No way Samborino! No Imagine Dragons!" Gabriel said rolling his eyes.

"Don't hate!! They are a great band!" Sam shot back. "And knock it the fuck off with Asia before I-" The station switched and cut Sam off.

'HEATTTT OF THE MOMENT!!! HEATTTT OF THE-'

Sam's fist crashed into the radio.

'-DONT GET TO CLOSE ITS DARK INSIDE!-'

Gabriel was smirking evilly.

'THE HEATTT OF THE MOME-'

'-IT’S WHERE MY DEMONS HIDE! IT’S WHE-'

'-SHONE IN YOUR EYESSSS-'

Sam growled and violently clicked off the radio all together.

The sudden deafening silence was a relief on Castiel's ringing ears. Maybe the rest of the trip could be completed in silence. The angel got no such luck because moments later Gabriel's voice rang through the car.

"YOU CAN’T CONCERN YOURSELF WITH BIGGER THINGS! YOU CATCH THE PEARL AND RIDE THE DRAGONS WINGSSS!" The archangel sung as his voice ripped through the air loud, sharp, and totally out of tune.

"Gabriel!" Sam growled in a warning tone.

The archangel just smirked wider as he belted out the chorus. "CAUSE IT’S THE HEATTTT OF THE MOMENT!!  THE HEAAA-"

"ENOUGH!!!" Castiel yelled interrupting his brother’s barrage of horrible singing. 

Another long silence filled the car. This time the noiseless air felt stiff and uncomfortable. The purr of the Impala’s smooth engine was the only one humming softly along in the tense atmosphere.

Sam glanced into the rearview mirror and met Gabriel’s eyes. The archangel’s eyes reflected the same mixture of shock and concern that Sam’s did.

“Thank you.” Castiel said coldly. He had enough of those two to last a lifetime and it wasn’t even noon yet.

"Didn’t realize it was your time of the month Cassie. You mind warning me next time?” Gabriel mumbled after a few minutes of the strained silence.