{12} Goodbye

🌹 {Rose}🌹

I woke up to a man tapping my shoulder. I quickly sat up and furrowed my brows.

"Um...who are you?" I questioned the man in thick rimmed glasses.

"Hello Mrs. Montgomery...sorry to bother you. I'm Calum's therapist, and I was wondering if it's ok with you for me or ask a few questions?" He tilted his head and smiled.

"Uh...I guess that's ok." I readjusted myself in my bed so I was sitting crisscross on top of the comforter. The doctor grabbed my desk chair and sat it beside my bed. The legs of the chair squealed as the slid across the cold floor.

"Hmm...let me see here." He flipped through his paperwork.

"Ah ok... so Mrs. Montgomery how long have you been acquaintances with Mr. Hood?" He looked back up at me and waited for my response.

"Um...I guess I met him the day I got here.." I played with the frayed strings on the end of my sleeve.

"Ok..." He shook his head and jotted down the information.

"And how would you describe his personality?" He looked back up at me.

"Um well... he's really sweet, and a kind person?" I responded in a question because I didn't know how I should be answering these questions or why I was.

"Has he ever showed signs of anger or aggression?"

"No...never" He just shook his head while he wrote down my response.

"Um Mr??" I questioned not knowing his name.

"Threadson, Oliver Threadson" He responded.

"Ok Mr. Threadson... if you don't mind me asking, but why are you asking me all these questions about Calum?" I questioned him. I was very confused and wanted to know why.

"I'm just collecting information to help with his trial"

"Trial?" Why would Calum have a trial?

"Yes... it's part of the reason he is here. I'm sure you Calum had told you about this...didn't he?"

"No he hasn't... can you please tell what he has done?" I'm dying to know I don't think I can take it anymore.

"Mrs. Montgomery... our time has come to an end, but I'm going to leave this with you." He pulled a black folder from his briefcase. He sat it down beside me.

"Mrs. Montgomery I hope you feel better... we will talk again soon" He had a half soft smile plastered on his lips then he walked out the room.

I looked down at the black folder. The name Calum Thomas Hood plastered in bold back letters across the front. I hesitated opening it. What was inside could potentially ruin everything. The anticipation was killing me. I have to know. I need to know.

I held my breath then opened the folder.

Calum Thomas Hood
Patient : 110
Illness : Bipolar, and borderline Schizophrenic

Crime Summery : Found on scene of deceased girlfriend. Parents claim murder was staged with suicide.

Treatment/Punishment if found guilty
- The chair when patient is of age

I couldn't believe what I was reading. Part of me wanted to believe all of this was fake. The other part wanted to get as far away from Calum as possible. Was he capable of murdering someone? No wonder everyone was so afraid of him. I flinched when I heard footsteps. I looked up to see Calum standing right in front of me. He looked down at the folder and back up at me.

"Rose... please I wanted to tell you. You need to here my side of the story." He started walking towards me. I shuffled and pushed myself against the wall.

"No!! Get away from me!" I screamed at him.

"Rose please" I could see the tears forming in his eyes.

"No! I don't ever want to see you again!" I held my arms against my legs as the tears ran down my face.

"If that's what you want" A tear fell down his cheek. He wiped it with the back of his hand.

"Goodbye Rose..." He stared at me for a moment more then rushed out the room.

I couldn't move. Was that the wrong decision should I have just heard him out? Why did he never tell me. Did I just lose him forever?