Chapter Eighteen

June 10th 11:29 p.m.

Zayn's Apartment

London, England

~Elle~

Elric curled up to my side, yawning. "That plane ride was crap," he grumbled. I giggled and kissed his forehead. "At least you got to see that flight attendant." "Yeah. Who knew male flight attendants could be so sexy?!" He replied. I rolled my eyes and leaned back. All the other lads had disappeared to shower so we could go to lunch.

"You're in a good mood," Elric noted suddenly. I gave a small smile. "Yeah. I plan on making up with Niall." "Or making out!" He sang, wiggling his arms around. "Shut up. I'm going to wait until the party, though. Right before it." "You're going to go two days without talking to that sexy thing? Poor girl." I hit him in the arm and he let out a small squeal.

Normally, Elric isn't so stereotypical. I think it was because he now had a girl best friend. Elric was like me- a loner. He liked to flirt with girls just to tell them he was gay. Apparently I was the first girl to react cooly about it. And now, here we were, best friends. Elric managed to make me smile, just like Niall and his friends had. I understood that I needed to let people in.

Maybe I hadn't stopped cutting completely. But that kind of thing takes time. And maybe I still wish that everyone would disappear. But that kind of thing is hard to cope with.

~~~

I awkwardly sat bedside Niall, looking down at the table. He seemed surprised. "Hey, beautiful," he greeted in a whisper. "Hey, Niall." "I lo-" "Niall!" Elric yelled, hitting his arm. Niall raised an eyebrow. "You guys aren't even back together, don't use the 'l' word!" Elric protested. "We weren't even together," Niall mumbled in response.

I frowned and tried not to cry. He was right, though. We never became a couple.