Familiars

"Draco. You go with Harry and Hermione will come with us to see pets for muggle borns" Silver laughed when the little blonde dragged the raven head over to a set of cages near the window. Scamander's Fantastic Beasts was full of protected species that needed a home in captivity due to being hunted in the wild. A feathered spiral hissed and Draco gasped

"Harry Harry look!" He jumped a little when Newt Scamander laughed behind them

"Everyone's attracted to the Occamies" He lifted it out of the cage and draped it over Draco's shoulders. The feathered serpentine creature pecked at Draco's cloak and hissed/chirped at his cheek. "Don't worry. She's a rose eyed occamy, they're very maternal and not one bit aggressive." Rose eyed occamies also had the ability to limit the size they grew to unless their wizard, witch, or hatchling was endangered. This one curled around Draco like a scarf and hissed when Newt tried removing her. "I believe she's sensed something" The big red and pink eyes blinked and she nuzzled Draco again before resting her head on his hair. "She may just tell you her name if you ask nicely" Newt looked at Draco's hesitation before asking.

"What's your name?" The little blonde was answered by a soft, hissing purr

"Marrrrrrryrrrrr. Yoursssssss little egg?" Maryr hung her head upsidown to ask him and looked into his eyes. 

"Dr - Draco" He reached out to stroke her and Maryr dipped her head to allow it

"Drrrrrrrracooooo..... shhh little egg. Marrryrrrr hasssss sssseen your sssssstory" Maryr then hissed violently at the figure walking in through the door. "Sssstep near my little egg! I darrrrrrre you!" She nuzzled Draco's cheek as Silver stiffened.

"Father" She curtseyed to him mockingly and turned back to the children. Maryr watched Draco pay for her things and an Empathy Owl called Hedwig chose Harry. Hermione was still cooing at a Phoenix Cat who called himself Crookshanks. Silver payed and walked over to Draco "Why did you cry?"

"I felt pained" He pointed to his chest "Right here where father would have..." Silver had told him the alternate future she saw. Lucius would have made him wear expensive but agonising materials to show their wealth, she had even seen his cane coming dangerously close to contact with Draco's skin at the chest when he forgot not to touch anything. That wasn't the worst but the worst wasn't necessary knowledge yet. They walked out and went to Fortescue's where Maryr fell asleep around Draco's neck, Crookshanks lapped at some dropped ice cream and Hedwig watched disapprovingly. Maryr hissed gently in her sleep. Someone was watching, she could feel it. Her little eggs remained naive, her littlest making an excellent blonde pillow for her nap. She hissed at whoever stared.

"Sssssometimessss a pillow issssss jussst perrrrrfect ok?"